X

xenon projectors

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xenon projectors

well i was looking into puting a set in my headlight, i found a bunch of them on ebay so am jus wondering can i get any of them?? or do i have to get a certain type for my 99 kat?

Considering that it's going to be a 100% custom mount that you will have to hand fabricate, get whichever ones you like
    90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
    I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
    Originally posted by soulless kaos
    but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Here you go:

You can give my HID thread a look, too for some ideas but it's on a single (pre) headlight.
      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

sweet, i guess il have to get this done sometime soon, and wild bill i was gonna use your guide as a refrence haha, from all the other xenon guides out there i found yours to be most in depth and helpfull

Comment

Bi=Xennon
          Ride like it's your last ride
          sigpic

Comment

Glad you found my write-up useful. Uno's Project "I wear my sunglasses at night" was done on a Post Kat, though. It's definitely worth reading, especially since you've got a Post.
            Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

I'll be doing this soon on my 2002. I'm getting parts from The Retrofit Source and will be using the Morimoto Minis. They are a smaller projector with a good light pattern so mounting won't be terribly difficult. I've gone through those guys several times in the past and had great luck with them and their customer service. Another forum that I'm a member of has done 9 group buys with them so far and is trying to get another off the ground. If you want to get in on the group buy for the discount, send me a message and I'll tell you how to go about it.

Comment

Just dont get the cheap projectors from ebay like other people around here do, the light pattern is awful.

Myself, I'm partial to the Acura and Infiniti units. They look great and focus well.

I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                  Just dont get the cheap projectors from ebay like other people around here do, the light pattern is awful.

Myself, I'm partial to the Acura and Infiniti units. They look great and focus well.
                  The TL's and FX-R projectors are pretty nice but you might have some trouble stuffing them into a motorcycle headlight (not saying it can't be done, but it'll be tight). Morimoto makes a smaller projector that's easier to mount and still has a very nice light pattern. Google Morimoto Mini D2S (or the H1) or Morimoto Matchbox Projector.

BTW, if you like the Acura and Infiniti projectors, you should check out the S2000 and LS460 projectors. The light pattern from either one of those is insane!

Comment

Originally posted by Pugga View Post
                    The TL's and FX-R projectors are pretty nice but you might have some trouble stuffing them into a motorcycle headlight (not saying it can't be done, but it'll be tight). Morimoto makes a smaller projector that's easier to mount and still has a very nice light pattern. Google Morimoto Mini D2S (or the H1) or Morimoto Matchbox Projector.

BTW, if you like the Acura and Infiniti projectors, you should check out the S2000 and LS460 projectors. The light pattern from either one of those is insane!
                    I had a set of S2000 units and got rid of them they were fantastic...

The TL pattern isnt as good, but I like the big bug eyed look There's enough room for them in my headlight housing, I've just lost motivation on the project for the time being.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
                      I had a set of S2000 units and got rid of them they were fantastic...

The TL pattern isnt as good, but I like the big bug eyed look There's enough room for them in my headlight housing, I've just lost motivation on the project for the time being.
                      I'm torn between suspension and lighting... I think I'm going for suspension and will upgrade to Morimoto H1 projectors next summer.

Comment

ic ic, well before i buy them il post in here the 1's it ry to get and see what answers i get from ppl if they are worth buying or not

Comment

Originally posted by ludiboris View Post
                          ic ic, well before i buy them il post in here the 1's it ry to get and see what answers i get from ppl if they are worth buying or not
                          If you want a baseline, check out theretrofitsource.com. They sell complete kits or any of the individual parts and pieces but, if you know what you're buying, you can piecemeal a kit together on your own and possibly save some money.

Comment

Yup, and when you do buy your projectors make sure they are the actual OEM equipment, not the chinese knockoffs that are cheap replacements.

Comment

Working...
                            X