X

Textile / Leather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Textile / Leather

Found these online.. Now Obviously, leathers are the best for riding, no doubt, no question. However, are these types of riding gear, that much worse that if you go down, their done, and need to be replaced, or are they fairly well made and would last a while ? Just trying to get some ideas..

U know since everybody wants me to get a jacket and all

well all my gear is textile... except the glove.. of course I have never been down yet but from people I have talked to they seem to hold up alright in a crash.. my issue is fitting. I am hard to fit and textile just seems to fit better.

I own
    JR phoenix pant
    JR phoenix jacket
    JR meteor gloves
    JR ballistic pants
    JR ballistic Jacket
    and JR something gloves (cold weather and water proof)

hmm you would think I like JR stuff.. now wouldn't you.
    Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

the more real world advice/reviews the better man..maybe i'll check into this JR stuff

Comment

well i only bought JR cause that was the only thing ther was around for me to try on... and I am hard to fit...

"That whenever any form of government becomes destructive to these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their safety and happiness." - Declaration of Independance

Comment

so many people are dead set on leathers and nothing else..so I dont know if its worth it to just go with textile..i mean, its better than nothing right? do they allow you on tracks with textile, or do u need to have leathers on as well. ? im not a track junkie, but wanna try it in the spring, and also have something for the gap as well.

Comment

i don't think you can get on a track without leathers, but textile is better than nothing for the street. the big difference i can think of is if you go down with textile, they're probably trashed. leather may survive and not need to be replaced depending on how hard you crash.

Comment

From what I've heard tracks ONLY allow leathers.

Personally, I wouldn't buy textiles.

Agreed , they are better than nothing. No doubt about that. But for a couple hundred dollars extra you can get a 2-piece leather suit that will protect you better in the event of a fall.

If you're in an area where there is an 'off-season' for riding , you can find some pretty sweeeeeet deals on leathers.

Only my opinion of course. 8)

Comment

I crashed in the exact same jacket you have pictured. I came away from the incident with only a quarter-sized spot of rash on my elbow. Had the jacket been all leather, I would have had none, because while the leather parts of the jacket held up the textile tore.

I'm not bashing the jacket. I came away from the accident in fine shape.;, but if your spending the money for a jacket, spend a bit extra for leather. 8)
                I like you. When the world is mine your death will be quick and painless.

Comment

I like my leather/tex pants and JR Mesh jacket. I know the mesh jacket is way better than nothing when it's in the 90's outside. I recently bought a First Gear Granite Jacket. It's tex too.

I see it like this...Tex is probably good for one fall and it's trashed. But if I go down that hard, the bike's gonna be in rough shape too.

I do want leather and bought a raffle ticket for a $600 suit for $10 dollars at another site. That's the ONLY way I'm getting leather before my wife's kitchen is remodeled. End of story.

She'd be smiling if she had 996 cc's of thumping twin power between her legs

Comment

If you have the opportunity, go somewhere and try on leathers to see what size you need then check on E-Bay for some leathers. I bought a brand new set that was a couple of years old from a dealership for only $150. They are AGV 2-piece, and had a price tag inside of $550. Still had the dealership price tag hanging on the sleeve when I received it.

Good deals on leathers can be had. You just have to be patient and look around.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
                    who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

Good deals on leathers can be had. You just have to be patient and look around.
                      Yep, you can have leather for about $100 more than you would spend on the jacket and pants you have posted here.
                      I like you. When the world is mine your death will be quick and painless.

Comment

my next set will probably be leather but i am hard to fit and a big boy so hard to find used.

Comment

I wear a Fieldsheer perforated leather 2 piece. Almost bought a textile suit before buying it but just couldn't get comfortable with the protection level. Nothing is going to 100% protect you but for me the wear through distance of leather and protection of hard armor in critical areas was worth the cost.

Court93Kat has th eright idea. Find out what fits you and then go shopping on eBay. If you skip the stinky old racer stuff and look for the dealers who buy up the end of last years model and are patient you can score big deals.
                          My wife and I have matching suits. I was able to get both of our jackets and her pants on ebay but ran out of time before the Gap and had to buy my pants retail

My jacket --- $120 shipped, eBay
                          Her Jacket ---$112 shipped, eBay
                          Her pants ----$90 shipped, eBay

My pants ----$254 from kneedraggers with 6 day, next day shipping

Learning the hard way to start vacation planning early next year....pricey!!
                          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

i like the looks of reece's Fieldsheer textile/leather pants.brocktoncycle sells them.(edit) not sure how to make links yet

Comment

I have the JR Ballistic outfit and have been lucky not to worry about going down.
                              TDA Racing/Motorsports
                              1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                              Who knows what is next?
                              Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
                              Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Working...
                              X