X

turbo EFI katana 1260

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by katman1260 View Post
    I just picked up an 1166 Efi motor complete. Simply Digital Systems controler, Hilborn throttle bodies, billet APE clutch basket, web cams, 1166 kit, dyna 4000 ignition, hand held tuner, dyna coils.
    AND.... I am talking to dude about a turbo to go with it. It is being costed out as we speak. This is what I am thinking. Putting my 1260 topend on it 10.25 to 1 and running about 6psi so I can run pump gas (93 octane) Turbo kit will run me about 3000.00 usd. for a 200 hp system that I would stuff into my '83 katana after swapping the 1260 topend.
    OHHHHHH, when will it all end!!

OOOOOOOOOOO ....... Dass Reelee Purdy
    The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

Did that motor come out of a mini sprint car ?

Comment

mmmm...........

Comment

Originally posted by H-2 CHARLIE View Post
          No, it came out of a sand rail. Ray.
          85GS1150E 83GS1100SD 83GS1100ES 82GS1000SZ 96GSXR1500DRAGBIKE 96GSXR1400DRAGBIKE 90GSXR1166DRAGBIKE 05SDG110PITBIKE & 8 QUADS!!! "Life is tough! It's even tougher when you're stupid!" John Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by H-2 CHARLIE View Post
            Hey Charlie,

I had an H1 way back. It was my first bike. '74 H1. Bought it when I was 19 and of course, started moding it right away. And yes, on the left is my brand new right from the box '82 katana 1100.

Kat Parts Clearance Selling Everything

Comment

That would make for one helllz of a go cart!!
              Joker
              The newest addition to the Family!
              sigpic
              stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

Originally posted by rikeran View Post
                can you please will that engine to me ........
                you won't need it when it kills you , but I could use it...
                ... to kill yourself.

I wonder if a Kat frame might be the wrong place for that wild motor. If you uncork that monster motor while both tires are NOT pointed straight ahead, the back end is going to step WAY out on you- and if you are lucky, you will be searching for another bike frame/suspension/bodywork to put that motor in. Then another. Then another. Or, you will not use even a fraction of that engine's potential for more than point-and-squirt purposes.

Possible exception would be a Kat 1100 frame, modified to manage all that power and torque.

Damed impressive looking motor, I'll give you that.

Oh, and where's the front, RH brake rotor and caliper on the H1??
                Last edited by StevieB; 10-14-2009, 08:59 AM.
                "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Originally posted by StevieB View Post
                  ... to kill yourself.

I wonder if a Kat frame might be the wrong place for that wild motor. If you uncork that monster motor while both tires are NOT pointed straight ahead, the back end is going to step WAY out on you- and if you are lucky, you will be searching for another bike frame/suspension/bodywork to put that motor in. Then another. Then another. Or, you will not use even a fraction of that engine's potential for more than point-and-squirt purposes.

Possible exception would be a Kat 1100 frame, modified to manage all that power and torque.

Damed impressive looking motor, I'll give you that.

Oh, and where's the front, RH brake rotor and caliper on the H1??
                  Pssst...... This is in the Vintage Kats section..... I don't think he'll be bolting it into a teapot 600 anytime soon!
                  Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

holy he11!

Comment

Sweet!! can wait to see the final work of art
                      The supreme happiness of life is the conviction of being loved for yourself, or, more correctly, being loved in spite of yourself.
                      http://myspace.com/solsticio
                      www.facebook.com/solsticios

Comment

MAN that's sick.
                        Originally posted by katanawarrior
                        I keep coming here because of the smileys, really.

Comment

The frame will be getting some bracing yes. I won't be spooling it up to 300hp but a managable...ahahahahhaha... 200hp. The motor I just picked up is an 1166. All the efi will be going onto my 1260 engine with a Stan Gardner bullet proof crank.
                          Backend is a 6" over r1 swingarm with 6" busa rear wheel sporting a 190. Front end is 94 gsxr 750.
                          This is lots of work to say the least. Right now I am trying to figure out where the 2 feet of fuel pump and filters, lines and regulator are going to live.

There are a ton of tricks I want to put on this but who knows if I will have time or money to do it. HID headlights, keyless RFID ignition, flush mount fuel cap and rear view camera and a few other things but...

I love this stuff....

This was last years katana and the bottom pic is next years EFI TURBO.

Last edited by katman1260; 10-15-2009, 01:51 AM.

Comment

did u build the EFI motor? if you did ....your my hero
                            Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
                            Tony
                            94 Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by il_ragazzo View Post
                              He didn't. It came from a guy in Fallbrook, California. I'm sure he will be going through it before he ever runs it though. Ray.
                              85GS1150E 83GS1100SD 83GS1100ES 82GS1000SZ 96GSXR1500DRAGBIKE 96GSXR1400DRAGBIKE 90GSXR1166DRAGBIKE 05SDG110PITBIKE & 8 QUADS!!! "Life is tough! It's even tougher when you're stupid!" John Wayne

Comment

First off RAYMOND. I know you feel you have to put your two cents in eeeeeevery time someone post something on eeeeeevery forum you belong to but I think you will find people like to answer questions put to them themselves.

Now if someone had said... "Hey did Raymond ever pay you the money he promised to refund you for the parts he sold you on that didn't fit"

Well, that's a different story, feel free to comment, but until then.....

I know I will regret posting this if only because I will have to endure yet another post of yours. Maybe you could spare us all just this one time.

Originally posted by il_ragazzo View Post
                                I picked the motor up as it looks in the first post picture. Came from a sand buggie from a shop in San Marcos California. I will be selling the headers, tearing down the motor and putting the EFI on a 1260 I am building.

Sorry, No hero status for me....
                                Last edited by katman1260; 10-16-2009, 01:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Working...
                                X