X

Petcock

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petcock

Has anyone tried or currently use an aftermarket petcock specifically a K&L? It's would be used on a post 750.
    They are more than 1/2 the price of the OEM. I almost always stick to OEM but it's very tempting to save a few dollars that would pay for supplies to change the oil and maintain the chain if it works just as good and last. Thanks

Originally posted by rperry03 View Post
    Has anyone tried or currently use an aftermarket petcock specifically a K&L? It's would be used on a post 750.
    They are more than 1/2 the price of the OEM. I almost always stick to OEM but it's very tempting to save a few dollars that would pay for supplies to change the oil and maintain the chain if it works just as good and last. Thanks
    I prefer to rebuild the OEM.

If it's a vacuum operated aftermarket, I don't see that it would be an issue. Manual petcock leaves a chance of forgetting to turn that off. That leaves you a very high chance of a drained fuel tank into the crankcase.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thanks, doing a search earlier I saw something about not being able to rebuild if the valve doesn't turn freely.
      It appears to be vacuum by the photo, almost looks they could suzuki's supplier. But I went and order and will see when it gets here

Comment

Thanks, doing a search earlier I saw something about not being able to rebuild if the valve doesn't turn freely.
        I don't understand what that means...

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I meant that I searched this site before posting and that someone posted something about if the valve did change positions that it couldn't be rebuilt.
          I ordered the aftermarket, worst case I order a new OEM at some point

Comment

K&L kit works great.
            1998 Katana 750
            1992 Katana 1100
            2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

I meant that I searched this site before posting and that someone posted something about if the valve did change positions that it couldn't be rebuilt.
              I ordered the aftermarket, worst case I order a new OEM at some point
              I see. That's not necessarily correct. IF someone were to break the spring that works the prime feature, it would make prime a useless setting, but a rebuild on the petcock would still make it a normally functioning petcock otherwise. The spring can be replaced, but you would need to source a used petcock to pull one from as new can not be purchases separately.

That spring being bent is highly common, but it normally should be able to be bent back with no issue.

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Comment

Working...
              X