Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Done with carbs...any fuel injected bike suggestions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Done with carbs...any fuel injected bike suggestions?

So as sad as it is, i have sold both of my '90 kat 750s. I needed the money and i am sad to see them go. However now that i am a free rider again, I would like to invest in a FUEL INJECTED street bike (too many hours taking the carbs apart and tweaking with them). what (japanese) injected street/sprot touring bikes are out on the market, and what year did they become available??

THanks for the info guys

btw i realize i spelled fuel wrong in the title, but there is no way to edit....
    Last edited by ellshorty; 02-27-2009, 12:47 PM.
    1990 Katana 750 +2 rear sprocket (the original) [SOLD!!!]
    1990 katana 750 -1 front sprocket (the $300 parts bike that became the runner lol) [sold!!!!]

good luck finding ANYTHING (street bike) with carbs nowadays.

Comment

I think the CBR600F4i was the first mass produced FI sportbike. Well there was the KZ1000R but I don't think you want to buy a 30 year old bike..

Remember the paradox of FI..
      Carbs; lots of little things to go wrong/adjust but you can do most of it with a handful of tools.
      FI; Few things to go wrong/adjust but good luck doing it yourself..

Even though it's a Honda I think the CBR600F4i is a fine bike and you should be able to get a 2000 model for around 3500

Comment

Honda 919, Bandit 1250, GSXF650, CBR F4i, Busa/ZX14, sport touring and fuel injection are now starting to come together.
        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
        Originally posted by soulless kaos
        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
          good luck finding ANYTHING (street bike) with carbs nowadays.
          k-wak ninja 250 carbed
          k-wak ninja 500 carbed
          suzi dzr 400sm carbed

most of the time the smaller displacement bikes will be carbed , most dirt bike are currently carbed but the euro supermoto manufactures have started the wave of FI for dirt bikes... honda came out with a FI dirt bike for their competion dirt racing applications... this year k-wak is doing the same thing... it just a matter of time before we see the Jap supermoto with FI. mmmm dzr-400SMFI

its just a matter of time before we see FI come standard for internal combustion motors.
          Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
          Tony
          94 Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by il_ragazzo View Post
            most of the time the smaller displacement bikes will be carbed , most dirt bike are currently carbed
            do you find it funny I said (street bike)
            Last edited by arsenic; 02-28-2009, 08:12 PM.

Comment

do you find it funny I said (street bike)
              i would say funny... it didnt make me giggle or anything... i was just recounting in my head how many street bike in my price range there are with FI... Hyosungs, U.M. and such bikes in my price range are carburated.

Im just pointing out that there are 09 street bikes that are carbed.... but for the most part fi is on its way out, even in the dirt bike industies.
              Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
              Tony
              94 Katana 600

Comment

in the US NO street bike is carburetor, the EPA said no, that's why street bikes are all going to EFI.

Comment

Have we finally decided to not call HD a street bike?
                  Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

I can't figure out what you guys are arguing about or why...
                    Y'all's grammar is so bad you might be agreeing and not know it..

Comment

Originally posted by kevin2502000 View Post
                      Have we finally decided to not call HD a street bike?
                      i could be wrong but im pretty sure all 09 HD's are FI

in the US NO street bike is carburetor, the EPA said no, that's why street bikes are all going to EFI.
                      granted all of these bikes are under 600cc.... but they are all still street bikes ... and all of these are 2009 models being sold in the US.

Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A., distributor of powersports vehicles such as motorcycles, ATVs, Side x Sides, Electric Balance Bikes & personal watercraft.

Kawasaki Motors Corp., U.S.A., distributor of powersports vehicles such as motorcycles, ATVs, Side x Sides, Electric Balance Bikes & personal watercraft.

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
                      I can't figure out what you guys are arguing about or why...
                      Y'all's grammar is so bad you might be agreeing and not know it..
                      sorry .... i just had 2 english classes last year.
                      Tony
                      94 Katana 600

Comment

great, now Harley's are more technolgically advanced than my bike
                        Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

carbs was a big reason the Katana was discontinued. They just killed the Katana name instead of re designing it with FI.

Comment

Working...
                          X