X

What kind of mpg is everyone getting?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of mpg is everyone getting?

I replaced the dynojet kit with Factory carb kit, put in the denso iridium plugs and seeing how this was our first saturday in the 70's in like 6 months, I took the kat on a drive.
    Most of the drive was highway, 60-80mph, with some city driving (I did some errands).
    When i got back, I topped her back up and divided the miles traveled on my odometer by number of gallons . My mpg was 42.88 mpg.
    What's everyone else getting?
    In the past, I had a be-itch of a time breaking 40 mpg and I think that was due to a combination of crappy jetting and a lot of city driving.
    As they say, gas is getting pricey and I am trying to ride the big kat as much as possible to save $$ while my two cars, '06 GTO and '96 Impala SS,stay parked.
    Wife still drives her '03 Jetta Wagon diesel (45 mpg)

all I get is around 40 mpg
    myspace
    2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

Mine:
      06 Kat 750 = 42-45mpg
      05 VW Passat TDI = 37-47mpg

Wife:
      06 VW Jetta TDI = 44-53mpg (actually got 67.7mpg once on a long trip)

Wishing everyone the best

Comment

Was out on riding mostly twisties last Sunday - 36 mpg. Guessing slabbing will be about 40-41 mpg.
        "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

Originally posted by JoeCool View Post
          Mine:
          06 Kat 750 = 42-45mpg
          05 VW Passat TDI = 37-47mpg

Wife:
          06 VW Jetta TDI = 44-53mpg (actually got 67.7mpg once on a long trip)

Wishing everyone the best
          The best I have gotten out of the Jetta was 55mpg, we usually get 45-48, depending on weather (we are one of the windiest places in the country).
          It is a 5 sp manual with bosio 520 injectors, Wetterauer chip tuning, EGR delete and a VR6 clutch. This wagon is pretty quick!

Comment

pre stock.. I was getting higher 40 in town and mid 50's on the highway.

Comment

I think around 50 mpg on longer runs, bit less for town or if im loaded up on the longer runs.
              Last edited by panther600; 04-14-2008, 06:23 PM.
              " Youre all heart callaghan "

Comment

between 35 - 43 appr. hwy and city.

Let me ask you this, how are you liking the FactoryPro jetkit compared to the DynoJet ? I'm running DynoJet right now and my BigKat runs out pretty strong. Others are saying that the FactoryPro kits do better, I think most of them are in the 600 or 750 class though. Enquiring minds want to know.
                Last edited by BIGKAT1100; 04-14-2008, 06:03 PM.
                The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

Originally posted by BIGKAT1100 View Post
                  between 35 - 43 appr. hwy and city.

Let me ask you this, how are you liking the FactoryPro jetkit compared to the DynoJet ? I'm running DynoJet right now and my BigKat runs out pretty strong. Others are saying that the FactoryPro kits do better, I think most of them are in the 600 or 750 class though. Enquiring minds want to know.
                  i love it the Factory kit! It is so much better! Dynojet totally sucks! I f#cked around with that piece of $hit dynocrap kit for almost a decade and it never ran right The kit is just such a piece of $hit!'
                  There are several reasons why the kit is crap and why no amount of fiddling will make your bike run at its peak. It doesn't matter how good a person considers themselves to be a mechanic, there are some things that you just can't change.
                  1) Needle shape. Dyno starts off thick, then abruptly gets thin and stays thin. Folks, this is your low speed quickly turning into open throttle! How the f^ck can you tune that out? Well, The dip****s over at Dynocrap might have clued in on that how this needle could cause the bike to run rich, so rather than fix the needles, they toss in some stiffer springs, to keep the slides from going up as they do in stock- brilliant!
                  As for mpg, on long trips, I have a hard time hitting 40 mpg. Sure, I'd load down the saddle bags and strap a duffle bag across the back seat. But c'mon, there were times where I drove a steady 65-70 on straight intestates, driving as if I was being followed by the highway patrol and I still got 38-39mpg. Can you say wtf?. With a mix of highway driving (mostly highway) that Facoty kit helped kicked that mpg into the low 40's, hell maybe I can get it above 45 mpg! I know it isn't much of a difference, but if I am travelling, it means I won't have to stop as often to fill up that little itty bitty tank.
                  Another thing that do is give smaller main jets. WTF? Don't even try to dazzle me with the bull**** that they are rated on "flow" not size - the hole is a lot smaller than the Factory kits jets (which are mikuni's) and unless it has something like a Tornado intake devie (haha!), it will flow less than the mikuins'. Yeah, Factory uses mikunies- they should know a thing or two more about jets than Dynojet as they also made the carbs on the bike!
                  i have yet to take my bike down to sea level (I live at 4700'), but the bike idles better than it ever has, EVER! It doesn't require much choke when cold, I'll ride with for maybe 30 secs when it is in the 20's. Power is smooth, way better tractability than dynojet. The dyno is more off or on, rather than low, medium, high power. This abruptness gives the illusion of more power. Check out the stock needles, if you still have them. They have a gradual taper, great for response. The factory needles are like stock, only the they taper down just a bit more. Above 6000rpms, the bike just screams. Compared to the Dynokit, it feels like it gains an extra set of balls as the front end starts to rise up. i can't say how much more power it has, but I can say that at 4700', it feels a little faster than it did with the dynojet kit at sea level. What is that, 15 hp? ANd yes, I have tried all the jet sizes recomended by Dyno (like using the small jets for my high altitude areas). Now, I should add that I have a CA spec bike. However, just based on the needle design alone, any Kat should do better with the Factory kit. Oh, and with the dynocrap kit, my bike ate up several sets of emulsion jets, to make sure my bike would run like crap!
                  Last edited by DClark; 04-14-2008, 06:51 PM.

Comment

dynojet ... thats all i got to say about that.
                    sigpicMy Kat Barks Like A Dog!boof boof.

Comment

sorry post so late but wow! i get about 40 a gallon on the kat but my navigator--------13.0 mpg! OH YEAH!

Comment

13.4 mpg 1999 expedition 5.4l. triton v-8 whoopie!
                        40+ mpg 1988 GSX1100f Katana

I still have not found a factory pro kit listed for a 1988 1100 kat?? Where are you guys getting these???

Comment

Originally posted by danp2630 View Post
                          13.4 mpg 1999 expedition 5.4l. triton v-8 whoopie!
                          40+ mpg 1988 GSX1100f Katana

I still have not found a factory pro kit listed for a 1988 1100 kat?? Where are you guys getting these???
                          This has been covered in the past. Since the 88 has the same carbs as the rest, the regular kit will work. That they say '89 and up is a miss print. You can call the techs at Factory to verify that.

Comment

Originally posted by DClark View Post
                            This has been covered in the past. Since the 88 has the same carbs as the rest, the regular kit will work. That they say '89 and up is a miss print. You can call the techs at Factory to verify that.
                            Will do, thanks, I have a dynojet kit here ready to install,but will contact the factory techs first.
                            Do you have a number to contact them at?
                            Last edited by danp2630; 04-19-2008, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by danp2630 View Post
                              Will do, thanks, I have a dynojet kit here ready to install,but will contact the factory techs first.
                              Do you have a number to contact them at?
                              If you can, try to get your money back on the dynojet and get the factory. I have written at length on the two as I have both but the biggest difference is needle contour- the contour on the dynojet needles is horrible! They aren't fit for anything other than picking rib meat out of your teeth!

Comment

Working...
                              X