X

Fast Blinking LED Signals

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fast Blinking LED Signals

I have a combination brake light/turn signal kit installed(got rid o' the bars). My turn signals now blink really quick, I know this is due to the lower wattage used to power them... I was wondering if anyone had some experience with a resistor for this or another solution.

Thanks

i know if u dont instal that reisster or delay that came with the kit they will blink faster then stock...

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

put the resistors on mine came with then it is a clear alternative intergrated system. I like them blinking fast so i left mine off.

Comment

When I change my Rear blinkers to LEDs, I had the same problem. If you want them to blink at a normal rate, you need to use a Load Equalizer.

Universal 2 Amp Capacity Turn Signal Load Equalizer w/ connectors
        Custom Dynamics specializes in LED motorcycle lighting, including brake lights, turn signals, and Harley Davidson motorcycle LED headlamps.
        myspace
        2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

An electronic flasher should also work, I have one for the bandit but have not installed it yet.
          -Steve

sigpic
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
          Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Like they have told you, you need to install resistors or a variable load flasher.
            American by birth, Italian by the grace of God

Comment

I just soldered a 50w resistor in line, covered it up with shrink wrap....worked like a charm

Comment

First, thankyou everyone for the replies. I know I need a resitor or balancer, I was just wondering what size? I bought the bike with the kit already on it, and don't have the original resister or relay.

Originally posted by Dennis Wilson View Post
                I just soldered a 50w resistor in line, covered it up with shrink wrap....worked like a charm
                Did the 50w slow it down a lot? I just need it slowed a little bit. The inspection garage is giving me a hard time about it.

Thanks again

Comment

I jsut went to autozone bought a 2 prong car flasher. Installed that and it works like a champ. It has been in there for the last 3 years. Onyl cost me about $1.99 for it too.
                  www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Originally posted by Theric View Post
                    First, thankyou everyone for the replies. I know I need a resitor or balancer, I was just wondering what size? I bought the bike with the kit already on it, and don't have the original resister or relay.

Did the 50w slow it down a lot? I just need it slowed a little bit. The inspection garage is giving me a hard time about it.

Thanks again
                    Just like there were Incandescent bulbs in the circuit
                    (here's a good write up...)

Comment

They have flasher relays for LEDs of all varieties here (not sure which one's correct for the Katana, but you should be able to figure it out easy enough):

Comment

Working...
                      X