X

How to: A Streetfighter Speedometer Solution w/ Pics

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clwind21 View Post
    just put one on my fighter...................... LOVE IT!
    Glad you like it. Some people use the little magnets from earbud headphones, or you could look at your local radioshack if you don't wanna tear yours up. As for high speed I tested mine to 99.88 mph, seemed to be fine. And I still don't have any light on it, ditched my original idea for something more appeasing to the eyes and haven't had a chance to mess with it. Been working on the car, and its been too darn windy for me to enjoy riding around here lately.
    Last edited by Metallihawk; 05-02-2008, 08:39 PM.
    91 Galant VR4 #627/2k
    94 Katana 750 "Streetfighter"

Comment

Oh, I forgot- the one I had on my Bandit has backlighting, which is actually (but just barely) bright enough. ONly problem is it times out after a few seconds.
      "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

GPS works great too.

Comment

u know my bike isnt fightered, but it doesnt have fairings on it, and i just used the stock gauge, and took it out of the bezel, and used a huge hose clamp to clamp it to the center of the tripple tree.. it works great..

Comment

Man I'm really liking this but can't decide stock style or this. It's nice to have a tach and back lighting

Comment

good hack.

Comment

forgot about those pics i'll post them tomorrow, someone remind me

Comment

reminding you....
                  Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
                  Tony
                  94 Katana 600

Comment

very cool concept
                    Work hard Play Hard

Comment

bumping the reminder.... Steve you said that your sigma or kateye had a back light with it? where did u find it? did it have an od?
                      Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
                      Tony
                      94 Katana 600

Comment

Looks good, think I will be attempting it in a month or two so will coming back to this one.

Comment

Do They make any Gauges/aftermarker stuff that are smaller for the 2001 kat's that use the stock wiring harness attachment? i dont want to splice into mine!

Comment

Securing the magnets

Can I use JBweld on the sensor that goes on the fork too? I see you used epoxy on that but jbweld on the other.

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by noodle View Post
                              Can I use JBweld on the sensor that goes on the fork too? I see you used epoxy on that but jbweld on the other.

thanks
                              Late response, but used JBWeld on both. Just had to replace the battery today, so the original lasted a little over a year. Still haven't created an actual light for nightriding, so I'm sure all the use of the backlight ran the battery down much faster.
                              91 Galant VR4 #627/2k
                              94 Katana 750 "Streetfighter"

Comment

can you see any of it when its dark?

Comment

Working...
                                X