X

Riding 2 up w/ your better half

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riding 2 up w/ your better half

How often do you ride 2 up w/ significant other? I know Crunchie just loves to ride, the faster the better she says!

It's quite helpful to have a system worked out for handsignals or taps, etc..when you dont have a chatterbox or other 2way communication device... 2 pairs of eyes on the look out for debris, crazy cagers, road signs, cops, etc..is always a good thing and having certain signals that she can do to let you know what she sees is definately a smart thing to do... taps on your hip or side is what we usually use. Tap on the right hip to turn right, tap on the left hip to turn left..those are helpful when we're out riding and not sure where we are going. Also squeeze their thighs ( ok minds out of the gutter people ) if they see a cop that you dont see or just to slow down. Things like that are a good safe way to make sure both of you are constantly on the same page while you're doing the driving.
    Yes, we go 2up all the time
    100.00%
    Now and then
    0.00%
    Nope I never take passengers
    0.00%
    Nope, cuz he/she doesnt like riding
    0.00%
    Nope cuz he/she has their own bike
    0.00%
    Nope, don't have a better half
    0.00%

What about us that ain't GOT no better half ?

jerk
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

You have a cat don't ya? just strap on the kitty carrier to your luggage rack then

and yeah I see that tiny font in the corner too!!

Comment

We use to ride 2 up all the time until she got her own bike. Those at the Rally saw why she has her own now
        www.mopowersports.com

Comment

I've still yet to ride 2up yet. The wife wants to, but haven't gotten to it yet.
          > Vince <

05 Katana 600
          97 Mustang GT
          95 GMC K2500 4x4

Comment

my wife loves to ride the bike. She usually is the one to suggest it.

She actually thinks my katana was more comfortable then the Vmax
            Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

I haven't taken anyone. Probably won't either. The hubby won't ride with me, but I have a few other guys who are willing to ride 2up. They think it's pretty cool to ride on the back with a chick...I at least want to wait another season before or IF I decide to ride with someone on the back.
              KARA

I'm a whole lotta woman, but a whole lotta fun!

Comment

I do take passengers.....but they just aren't a better half.
                - It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

- Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Comment

My wife definitely prefers riding pillion on the Kat over my old Shadow 600 - says it's a lot more comfortable (at least for awhile). She's a great passenger (at least after the 1st couple of minutes of getting situated), and we don't have too many concrete signals yet... but I try to introduce a new one every ride.

The only time I'm not as big of a fan of having her on the back - is when we're riding with other people in a group... especially if I've been riding alone lately (the change in handling makes me feel like a less competent rider).

Comment

Cristina likes to ride, no problem, but due to her back problems, we canīt do (riding the bike together) everytime.
                    But she is really good passenger. The best I ever had.
                    PICSSSS!!!!

Comment

My wife and I used to ride all the time..
                      In fact ( I never told her this) but she was my first.

My first 2 up was taking her to get her own helmet.
                      (this was while we were just dating.)
                      She loved the Caferacer. After I got the more layed back Nighthawk she hated it.. Guess she was a sport bike girl. I took her for a short ride on the Kat after getting it and she wasn't liking it
                      I can understand.. The passanger seat is higher, as are the pegs..

But thats OK.. The Boy loves it.. He's begging me to wheelie it.. Silly little squid!!

Comment

My wife can't stand the passenger position on the Kat. As a result has no interest in riding with me (which is fine - I prefer riding alone). She longs for a cruiser with a sisssy seat (which I will probably never have). Oh Well!
                        brought to you by the letter S, and the number 1

Comment

my wife and I ride all the time. she complains about the Kat, (she wanted a cruiser) but loves to go riding.

Comment

Better half likes to ride, but not as much as I do. She is an extra set of eyes and we do have signals we use when we ride. She doesn't like cruisers, and rode with me on my partners gixxer, thinks the Kat is the most comfortable ride.

Keep it simple.....1+1=2

Comment

Crunchie doesnt mind the kat seat too much, but she has talked about wanting to look into a corbin at some point for longer rides.. but the rides we do usually take she's pretty ok w/ the seating the way it is, going around town and the country roads we frequent.

Comment

Working...
                              X