X

acceleration

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• acceleration

Have a 93 katana 600 n wanted to get some more acceleration out of it. Anyone have a tip or two to achieve this? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks guys

After making sure ignition is on and the transmission is not in Neutral, twisting the throttle and letting go of the brakes seems to work for me.

Comment

What exactly are you looking for? Better take off? Over all acceleration? Changing the gears will help but, you will loose top speed and your rpms will be higher.
      Last edited by 92xjunker; 09-30-2013, 11:43 PM.
      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
      spammer police
      USAF veteran
      If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Looking for acceleration to get through intersections n to be able to get away from a situation in traffic if need be.

Comment

This might sound like a smart-arsed answer, but it's not meant to be.

Seriously, if you haven't got enough poke to make a clean getaway and get yourself "out of situations" in traffic, on a 600cc bike with a GSXR-derived engine, you're either doing something very wrong or your commute to work takes in Laguna Seca.

Get on your bike and go for a ride, nit-pick every little thing that annoys you or makes you feel vulnerable or threatened and try and remember them. Then go and have a coffee whilst thinking about these things, be brutally honest with yourself and see how many are your fault. Be honest.

Then go and book some advanced rider training.
          Don't trade it - upgrade it!

Comment

Originally posted by Ronny View Post
            This might sound like a smart-arsed answer, but it's not meant to be.

Seriously, if you haven't got enough poke to make a clean getaway and get yourself "out of situations" in traffic, on a 600cc bike with a GSXR-derived engine, you're either doing something very wrong or your commute to work takes in Laguna Seca.

Get on your bike and go for a ride, nit-pick every little thing that annoys you or makes you feel vulnerable or threatened and try and remember them. Then go and have a coffee whilst thinking about these things, be brutally honest with yourself and see how many are your fault. Be honest.

Then go and book some advanced rider training.
            Thanks for the advice

Comment

Bandit 1200 transplant?

Downshift and turn right wrist further/faster?

Seriously, even with my fat ass on it the 600 has more than enough power to get me out of the rare "situations" that come up. As Ronny said, if your paying attention to whats going on around you you don't need to do it many times.

Comment

I fully understand why you are asking this. I would like more torque from my 600 but that just isn't going to happen. I have mostly ridden liter bikes and it is nice to just roll on the throttle. You need to remember to ride in a lower gear when you are in places you think you may need the extra go. I keep finding myself at a low rpm just because I am cruising around. You have to remember that you could be you'll be between 3500 and 4500 rpm if you are just cruising and using all your gears. The bike just starts showing you its guts around 7000 - 8000 rpm so keep the rpms closer to that in traffic areas that you think you may need to get out of situations.

Comment

Working...
                X