X

What ya wearing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What ya wearing?

With the new riding season fast approaching or underway for the lucky ones, I was wondering what gear people have purchased this year.
    Although there was nothing wrong with my other riding jacket, the lack of venting made it very hot in the warmer weather. Due to this, I use this jacket on the cooler days like early and late in the riding season.
    This year I invested some money and picked up what I thought was quality gear. I picked up a two piece suit a tecknic mercury jacket and pants with sliders, Icon felid armor boots and rfx1 gloves.
    Next will be a new helmet. Not sure which one Ill be getting next but have been looking at shoei and arai helmets. Currently i'm using an HJC helmet and not trying to knock HJC or anyones gear but in my opinion how much protection can a $200 helmet give you? Besides that point I'm interested in doing some track time this year so upgrading a helmet to both DOT and SNELL rating is a must.
    I've attached pic's of the new gear and as always I welcome any comments, questions or opinion's.
    Attached Files

leathers

Attached Files
    sigpic

Comment

I think the $200 dollar helmets are very safe. I have always used Snell rated helmets but am now wearing a Nolan modular helmet that is DOT rated only. Happens to be the most expensive helmet I currently have. If you can afford the Shoei or Arai helmets I would very highly recommend getting one. I do not feel they are any safer unless you take into account rider fatigue. They IMO are the most comfortable helmets you can buy. I tried the Shoei modular and I did not like how it fit my head.

I wear a Tourmaster Transition 3 jacket. Flows great with vents open and have not tried the arm vents yet (has not been that warm yet).
      I have a pair of Klim Overland pants that have been great and have large vents. I think they may be too hot (gortex) in the summer so picked up some Olympia mesh pants that work great also when warm.
      I hope your choices look good. I have not used them so can't give any info on that. I hope they work well for you.

Comment

A 200$ helmet can be just as safe and protective as a 1000$ helmet. Where you need to look for protection is the rating; DOT, Snell, etc. The price point has far more to do with comfort/features and brand naming.

Case in point, I have a Scorpion Exo 400 that I spent 100$ on, but is Snell/DOT approved and is just as protective as my former Shoei, but doesn't keep the wind noise down as well.
        Last edited by cintidude04; 05-05-2014, 09:16 PM.
        1992- project katfighter
        2005- GSXR750
        2001- TL1000R
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
        www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
        KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
        KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

I have 4 helmets PGA THH HJC AND SHOEI, my go to is the PGA, The cheapest one I own. All fieldsheer leathers , boots and Technic gloves
          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
          spammer police
          USAF veteran
          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Working...
          X