X

Seat cover?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat cover?

I was on the site and on the banners I see bikes that have part of their seat covered up. Where the passenger would sit. What is this part called? Are they expensive?

Thats a seat cowl....most of the ones you see here are BRAADA...they are hard to get an run $250+

also i think there are a few threads of ppl that made their own, with instructions on how to do so...if your good with fiberglass....

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by numtwo View Post
      I was on the site and on the banners I see bikes that have part of their seat covered up. Where the passenger would sit. What is this part called? Are they expensive?
      do a search for a solo cowl.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Ohh. Why are they so expensive? Thanks for the info though I really like them.

Comment

try and make one? The Braada cowls are like that expensive, but I believe he's no longer making them. Search Suzuki Katana solo cowl on ebay.
          Last edited by arsenic; 05-08-2008, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by numtwo View Post
            Ohh. Why are they so expensive? Thanks for the info though I really like them.
            they are hard to come by and the demand out weighs the supply. In the past there were no options, but there appear to be some braada knock offs available on ebay and other sites (only braada is allowed to sell them here). The braada's seem to be the one most people want. It is abs vs fibreglass. IMHO fibreglass is fine for a cowl and can be had cheaper and quicker. Do as much research on the subject as you can (been discussed on here a bajillion times). Make sure you are an educated buyer before you send any money anywhere.

A few members have posted up "how to's" on building your own and have had great results. Easily your cheapest way to go.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

there is one on ebay for $159.99 plus $25 shipping
              ~Austin
              2006 Katana 600 - Sold
              2008 CBR600RR - New Toy

Comment

I posted a link for that one.

Comment

Hmmmm thats interesting. I didnt realize a shaped piece of fiberglass can be 100+ dollars. Why dont they just mold one out of plastic?

Comment

uuummm... Dude. The Braada cowls WERE ABS plastic. If 100+ for a piece of fiberglass is so outragous to you MAKE ONE!!!

Comment

I was just giving my opinion. I still gotta fix up my bike before I start doing anything else to it. The first thing ill do is the fender eliminator kit.

Comment

hey is there a new website for braada... ? or an email address?

Comment

Originally posted by johna600 View Post
                          hey is there a new website for braada... ? or an email address?
                          No there is not, As far as I know he dose not make them anymore.
                          There was another company that started making them out od fiberglass, but I did not like their product or their ways, They made a bad impression on me as well as the other owners here and we do not nor will not ever endorse their products.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Someone should figure out how to mass produce them like he did. You'd be wealthy overnight.

Comment

yea... well i was trying to contact him because i ordered a cowl in march... so yea... i cant believe no one has his contact info... ?? funny how that happens... byebye $143.95.....

Comment

Working...
                              X