X

12 year old 600cc CBR vs New 750 katana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12 year old 600cc CBR vs New 750 katana

I saw an episode of Top Gear, where they took old supercars, and tested them on a dyno.

A 20 year old maserati, had lost about 100hp during that period. (if i remember it right)

After that my friend felt a sudden need to tell me that his old CBR still was faster than mine.

We haven't done a drag race, yet... But when we do, on which bike would you bet your money?

The new 750cc BLACK katana
    or
    The 12 year old 600cc red/white CBR that has severe roadrash on the right side. (hehe)

(drag race will be done on a closed street of course)

Why not do it at the DRAG STRIP? You know where they have lights and timers and preset distances and staff and probably even an ambulance should something happen.

Personally I would challenge him to a race after a nice five or six hour ride and see who wins. At that point, he should be too tired and sore to want to twist the throttle.

On a somewhat related note... I <3 Top Gear.
    Pics
    Pics
    No pics yet
    Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

best top gear ever was where they went to the states - especially the southern states and the cars broke down at the gas station ahaha...

Comment

"NASCAR sucks"
        "Man love rules"
        "Hillary for president"
        Pics
        Pics
        No pics yet
        Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Okay lets break this race down by paper only

The 1995 Honda CBR 600 F3 and all other motorcycles made 1894-2024. Specifications. Pictures. Rating. Discussions.

vs.
          The 2006 Suzuki Katana 750 and all other motorcycles made 1894-2024. Specifications. Pictures. Rating. Discussions. Price.

Now for those that dont wanna check the links lets do the quick breakdown

F3 has
          100hp
          46lb ft
          407lbs (dry)

750 Katana
          90hp
          (cant find the torque but ill put it at somewhere close to the F3)
          465lbs (dry)

More weight, less HP, so long as the guy riding the F3 knows how to ride the bike straight.... The 750 will get left behind stock for stock.

DC Born..Maryland Bred

I will never be forgotten. I will only fade as time goes on from your consious thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by Imagin

The 1995 Honda CBR 600 F3 and all other motorcycles made 1894-2024. Specifications. Pictures. Rating. Discussions.

vs.
            The 2006 Suzuki Katana 750 and all other motorcycles made 1894-2024. Specifications. Pictures. Rating. Discussions. Price.

F3 has
            100hp
            46lb ft
            407lbs (dry)

750 Katana
            90hp
            465lbs (dry)

More weight, less HP, so long as the guy riding the F3 knows how to ride the bike straight.... The 750 will get left behind stock for stock.

that is if the f3 is actually making that much and the riders are the same weight, if the f3 rider is 250 and the kat rider is 120 it will make a huge difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Imagin

vs.

F3 has
              100hp
              46lb ft
              407lbs (dry)

750 Katana
              90hp
              465lbs (dry)

So youre saying that the CBR will still have 100hp after 12 years of beating?

Comment

Breaking it down by PAPER ONLY!!

And its possible for the CBR to still make near or over its claimed HP from the factory. Carbon build up in an engine can cause the compression ratio to go up keepin the power up there (albeit not for a good reason)

ON PAPER the F3 wins.

DC Born..Maryland Bred

I will never be forgotten. I will only fade as time goes on from your consious thoughts.

Comment

It also depends on the riders ability, I'd say it would be a good race but I'll put my money on the Kat.
                  R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

equal riders on each machine, the CBR will win.

At least you'll be comfortable while you lose though.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

ok lets be fair - on the drag strip the CBR might win
                      But then do a big tour full of twistys 2hr+ ride.. I reckon the Kat will win that, and if not a video watching the cbr rider get off and walkign like john wayne will be worth coming 2nd...

Comment

CBR takes the win.

Comment

Originally posted by alze
                          ok lets be fair - on the drag strip the CBR might win
                          But then do a big tour full of twistys 2hr+ ride.. I reckon the Kat will win that, and if not a video watching the cbr rider get off and walkign like john wayne will be worth coming 2nd...
                          Not a chance...the CBR will win in a 30 second ride, or a 2 hr + ride. Have you ever ridden a CBR? They are pretty comfy too, so no John Wayne syndrome.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

heh - cant say i have to be honest - i do like the looks of them, but like my kat

Comment

I "upgraded" (and i use that loosely) from a kat 750 to an F3.
                              Both were mid 90's, the F3 was a little faster and had better brakes but I actually liked the handling of the katana better.

Comment

Working...
                              X