X

03 sv650(morgan)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 03 sv650(morgan)

Since i started looking for motorcycles i was thinking that i wanted a Ducati or SV650. I have been searching for a standard SV650 for months now on craigslist and cycletrader with out much in my price range with clean titles. i have saved and saved until today. today i found an ad that said sv650 $3000 6000 miles clean title... Too good to be true.

I thought to myself, scam! but i shot the guy(Dan) an email anyways... Dan gets back to me and asks if im still intrested and invites me down to see the bike. I get there the bike looks great! I looked the bike over and over and it was perfect aside from 3 things... bent brake pedal and shifter linkage bar and mississipi plates. I'm thinking "why does it have mississippi plates?" Dan says well it's a long story... of course i have time to spare so i humor him. He tells me that his buddy who was in the Marines was the original owner of the bike. His buddy apparently did quite a few tours in Iraq a few years back and became quite depressed and he eventually comitted suicide. (RIP) Which means the bike then belonged to his mother( Mississippian). and his mother gave legal right to sale the bike to his Dan, her sons best friend. The Marines went by Brent but his first name was Morgan. With the blessing of his best friend, in Honor of his service to our country i named the bike Morgan.

A lil weird but very touching I thought.
    Dan and his wife were super cool people and very hospitable! They offered me all of Brents' gear and, a cover for the bike and even a bottle of wine! (which the make their selves) I sat and talked with them for about an hour about random things including the italian language which Dan is fluent and well practiced. (it's hard to practice italian in a city that no one speaks italian in.) They invited me up anytime for a beer or wine and a nice chat in italian! so hope fully i have made a few friends along with a new bike.
    Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
    Tony
    94 Katana 600

no pics yet?!?

pics or it didn't happen!!!

serously...sounds like a good buy from good people though. Good luck with it

Comment

Ciao from a fellow Italian. It sounds like you were treated right. I hope to see some pics of Morgan soon.
      sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
      ------------------------------------------
      89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
      96 YZF 1000R

Comment

I sure hope you know that in order to register an out of state vehicle in California the vehicle needs to have at least 7,500 mile or more. Or it already meets Cali requirements (50 state vehicle).

How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
        How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
        How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
        How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

aahhh ... well im glad you asked this question... its a cali model! i know i know! crazy right? it meets CA emissions for 2003. says it on a sticker.... on the frame...
          Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
          Tony
          94 Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by il_ragazzo View Post
            aahhh ... well im glad you asked this question... its a cali model! i know i know! crazy right? it meets CA emissions for 2003. says it on a sticker.... on the frame...
            Excellent. Your in the clear.

Post pics when you get it. And have fun.
            How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
            How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
            How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
            How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

wow naming your sv after the marine was classy nice story and good luck.

Comment

Thanks you.
                Tony
                94 Katana 600

Comment

When I bought my Kat, it was new out of the dealer in NC... it was a Cali model.

Grats on the new ride. Time to finish up those amazing mods on the Kat now right?....
                  93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

great story and glad to hear its ca emission.

was worried about my 02 with only fed emission but i got my title in the mail the other day WOOT!

don't abuse morgan like i've abused suzi lol

Comment

pics pics pics

Comment

Nice story and nice bike but

Comment

Gratz on scoring a SV. Lot's of stuff you can do with one. Swing on by SVRider when you get a chance.

Comment

Way to good to be true!

So i took my CLEAN Mississippi title to the DMV today to get it registered In California. The teller says "that's odd". everything i had feared came true! It's A WASHED TITLE! this means that they had it registered in California before they registered it in Mississippi. and it just so happens that it has been salvaged in califonia! so when they registered it in MS it cleared the title! I was so furrious! until i got on the phone and talked to the guy i bought it from. He tells me i can get my cash back tomorrow when the bank opens if i meet him at his house. He claims that he was not told it had a salvaged title and think that the owner (a mother from MS) wouldn't have a reason to lie and thinks that she didn't know either. He apologied alot and offered to buy my lunch.

Im taking the bike back to him tomorrow.

if i were to keep this bike and get half my money back instead of a full refund. what could be done about the tittle?

I have been a member of sv riders for over a year already. they are a good source of parts... especially for cafe racer projects! I have always known that i would get an sv.... just next time it will be an sv1000!
                            Tony
                            94 Katana 600

Comment

Just buy Chatt Kats SV1000........ I miss my 1000. I think it is totally worth the money and effort to find a 1000 over a 650...
                              I am a Penn State fanatic.
                              Why is the sky blue and white? God is a PSU fan...

Comment

Working...
                              X