No announcement yet.
X

painting help

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spider man theme bike so are you spraying metalspecks then metalcast? that would look good nice shiny red over flat black

Comment

Originally posted by muddyman184 View Post
      Spider man theme bike so are you spraying metalspecks then metalcast? that would look good nice shiny red over flat black
      I'm using the metalcast base coat(silver) under the red metalspecks
      Build Thread

'01 Katana 600
      '97 Intruder 1400

Comment

make sure you get that garbage cleaned off real good before you start spraying...it could cause some fisheye if you don't clean it up good enough....I'd seriously kick your buddy's azs for that...

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
        You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

I still have lines on my car's paint after someone sprayed it directly with silly string... 12 years ago :

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by teddy View Post
            make sure you get that garbage cleaned off real good before you start spraying...it could cause some fisheye if you don't clean it up good enough....I'd seriously kick your buddy's azs for that...
            He showed up 5 minutes after I got home. He was helping me prep for paint, so he actually did most of the cleanup.

3 years ago was worse, he put a cup of cat dookie in my cup holder....
            Build Thread

'01 Katana 600
            '97 Intruder 1400

Comment

lol what an a hole who puts a cup of cat poo in someones car
              Do you know why Santa is so jolly.... Because he knows where all the naughty girls live..

Comment

Originally posted by unit44justin View Post
                lol what an a hole who puts a cup of cat poo in someones car
                hahaha, he had 7 cats, it was kind of an obvious prank....i would have done the same

updates for today...

spray truck bed liner on all of the appropriate parts

starting the candy. shooting the candy red, will finish tomorrow, then clear, back masking and then shooting the truck bed liner
                Build Thread

'01 Katana 600
                '97 Intruder 1400

Comment

Awesome!

You are inspiring me to do something fun to my pre. Keep it up... don't stop posting the pics. Also, matte clear coat is a life saver for blending finishes.
                  95 GSX600F -- GO DUCKS -- 06 R6
                  Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing -Helen Keller
                  ---
                  I often post mobile; Keep that in mind when I write like a 5th grader

Comment

Keep the pics coming!

Comment

just finished laying down the candy and clear earlier today. I just finished back masking the first main fairing, but the fumes are starting to mess with me. WEAR YOUR RESPIRATORS KIDS!

anyway, hes some more eye candy
                      Build Thread

'01 Katana 600
                      '97 Intruder 1400

Comment

I finally finished painting this morning, then had to run to my mother's house for easter dinner. I made it home with just enough light out to get the bike back together in time for a quick photo. There will be more coming soon. hope you guys like it. sorry for the bad quality. my phone takes great quality pictures.....only when its sunny out. more to come tomorrow
                        Last edited by BPryz; 04-04-2010, 10:36 PM.
                        Build Thread

'01 Katana 600
                        '97 Intruder 1400

Comment

Working...
                        X