X

need photos of 82 GS1000SZ decals

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need photos of 82 GS1000SZ decals

Hi guys, I'm doing a restoration of my 1982 Katana and I need a photo of the emissions decal that is under the seat.
    Can anyone who has this bike with the decal intact please take a photo for me?

Thank you

Here's one of mine, a bit torn, but thought it might help.

GS1000SZ, GS1100EZ, GS1000ST (Wes Cooley)

Comment

Haha thanks! that's the same place mine is missing wording. Yours is a little bit better than mine.
      I'm trying to get this decal reproduced and need to know what it says in the missing areas
      Anybody have one that is completely undisturbed?

Attached Files

Comment

Sorry, I was hoping that between the two, you could piece the entire wording together. I'd be interested in a decal, if you can get them made.

Comment

I found the decal wording in the manual so it looks like I'll be able to get the decals made.

I'm making a full set of decals for the 1982 US version GS1000SZ including the Vin and shock decals
          They are not cheap but if anyone wants a set let me know and after I get my decals and check them out I'll get you the information to get a set.

Comment

I'd be interested. PM sent.

Comment

Awesome job going to that detail very nice

Comment

Originally posted by Slammer46 View Post
                Awesome job going to that detail very nice
                The bike is getting a full nut and bolt restoration :
                Attached Files

Comment

I may be interested in two VIN stickers one for my 82 Kat and one for my 82 GS. Also let me know how you are going to strip the paint on the frame.

Comment

Originally posted by mattowar View Post
                    I may be interested in two VIN stickers one for my 82 Kat and one for my 82 GS. Also let me know how you are going to strip the paint on the frame.
                    I had the frame sandblasted and I painted it - the work is already done and it came out fantastic.

When I get my decals (the guy is taking a longgggg time) and verify that they are done right I'll let you guys know the source.
                    He's taking so long I may find another way to get it done.

Comment

Guys I got the decals for my 82 kat today. They look fantastic! All of the fonts, sizes, and colors are correct. I got everything you would need for a full restoration including a VIN decal and I feel like they are worth the money. I'd definitely recommend this guy.
                      His name is Brian, email: [email protected] He's in Canada. His website http://www.bdesigns.ca/About_Us.htm does not list all of the stuff he did for me because we made most of it from pics taken from my bike.
                      Tell him I sent you, he did say he'd do some kind of discount.

Comment

Thanks. Just sent him an email.

Comment

same on vin decals, I will be watching. Nice work.

Comment

See we both got sidetracked. That's how these things go for me. It would be nice if I could stop and work on something until its done. But collecting and restoring old bikes is not priority one, as much as I love doing it. Haven't even been to this site in at least a month. Will be checking in more often I hope. Have a good one.

Comment

Working...
                            X