X

Buying used Help me out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying used Help me out

Hi everyone, I am going to look at a 2002 Kat 600 . The bike has 1000 miles on it and is completly stock. This is my first sport bike, I dont really know what to look, or listen for. I know it doesnt have many miles on it but i still want to be cautious. So if anyone has some things i should look for that would be great. Hopefully all is good with the bike and I will be by next week. Thanks

if that bike has 1000 miles there little chance that there something wrong with bike THE KEY WORD IF welcome to katriders and good luck with new bike
    sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

Welcome to KR!
      Take someone you trust who also knows a little about bikes with you to look at the it.
      -
      -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

The bike does have a little less than 1000 miles, and is priced well below blue book. It looks nice I have seen it in person but no one was there to start it up.

I have been racing motocross for a few years and I have a couple dirt bikes in my garage, I just didnt know if there were certain things with this model that are problem areas. The tires, sprocket, and brakes had very little wear, that was really all I knew to look for.

Comment

Originally posted by Londob5 View Post
          Welcome to KR!
          Take someone you trust who also knows a little about bikes with you to look at the it.

I concur
          2007 Honda CBR600rr
          2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
          sigpic

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders. I hope the bike works out for you.
            2003 Katzuki 600

Comment

Sounds like new. Welcome!

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders!
                2006 Katana 750 (taken by the guy that said he didn't see me)
                2006 VFR800 to replace the broken Kat.

Comment

well thanks guys, I am going over to the bike this morning, and if all goes well I will have a bike to ride. I am sure you will see plenty of me here, I know I will have alot of questions, and looking for some people to ride with.

Comment

Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
                    - Albert Einstein

Comment

Soooooo?? You buy yourself a Kat or what??

Six years old with little (almost no) mileage. Probably need to replace seals, tires, fluids, clean carbs, lube chain and give the bike a good once over... hopefully you didn't need to, but did you look around the frame welds for indications of it ever being wrecked?
                      "Men will get no more out of life than they put into it."

Comment

I did buy it. It was a lady that owned the bike, she was wrong about the year it was a 2000 not an 02. she was also wrong about the miles. she said it had just under 1000 miles it actually has 370 miles on the bike. It has been in storage for a couple years the battery was dead, I put a charger on it for a couple minutes just to get it powered up and crank it over. So I am on my way over to pick it up with a trailer so I can change fluids,filters and so on. she didnt have the owners manual so I will end up posting lots of questions the next couple days in the proper forum. I know there will be some things I have to work out on this bike because it sat so much, but for $2500 I think I got a great deal. I will put up some pics later. If anyone in the ann arbor area is up for a ride I should be ready soon I hope.

Comment

wow that sounds like a great find. Good luck with it.
                          John,
                          '05 GSXR750, '86 FZX700 Fazer, wifes bike '02 R6
                          sigpic

Comment

welcome to KR, sounds like you got a great deal.

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders
                              sigpic

Faster, Faster, Faster... Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." Hunter S. Thompson

" Rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow "

Comment

Working...
                              X