X

jb weld + clutch lever.. ??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jb weld + clutch lever.. ??

aight, so i broke yet another clutch lever, n i jb welded it back together.. my question is will this work temporarily until i get a new lever or is it gonna break again n leave me screwed on the side of the road

I would not want to risk it! My luck it would brake off at the wrong time.
    2006 Katana 750+

Comment

Keep a sey of ViseGrips with you in case it does. They make a great temporary clutch or brake lever.

Comment

The only time I've used JB Weld it didn't hold very well. It was an intake on my 02 IS300. The peice broke off again in a few days and that's just from the engine torquing.
        Me
        http://www.myspace.com/alllostthings

Comment

welp its a good thing i didnt trust it cuz i was in my garage pullin it in and out, n i pulled kinda quick n hard jus to see if it would be at all durable it snapped right off, i think i'm gonna jus interchange between the re jbwelded lever just to start the bike and then put on a steel mountain bike lever haha, it worked pretty good for the last time i broke my lever, so it'll do ok for a few days

Comment

Levers are cheap enough at most shops .
            And JB is WONDERFUL stuff . But it won't fix EVERYTHING . However , almost every time I've used it , I was pleased . Just gotta know what it WON'T work for .
            Oh , and +1 for the vicegrips . They're good as levers for the hand OR foot .
            I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I have spare 98+ levers in my inventory here, brand new... I can have one on your doorstep in a couple days. Send me a PM if you need one.

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
              X