• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vortex Clip-ons

Any one running them?

I found a how-to on squidbusters for them

looks like an easy mod to install

Someone...... Way back ran them..

Required carving out the fairing and that was on a pre 98. I think there are cheaper ways. What are you trying to do?

EDIT:
    That how to is for a 750.. You already have lower bars and a tighter connection to the front end.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
      Someone...... Way back ran them..

Required carving out the fairing and that was on a pre 98. I think there are cheaper ways. What are you trying to do?

EDIT:
      That how to is for a 750.. You already have lower bars and a tighter connection to the front end.
      ahh didnt know the bars were different on a 750 and 600 thanks

Comment

I did it on my 05 750 and for that particular model ... the entire job took half and hour. Major handling improvement !!!!
        Guylaine
        Try and keep up now

Comment

I have them on my 1993 750. I'm running without the fairings and with an SV650 headlight & bracket. The lower bars caused problems with the turn signals, so I have the entire headlight bracket upside down (to move the turn signals to the bottom) but it works.

I looked at it tonight and it's pretty much impossible to mount the bars any lower (between the tripple trees) because of interference with the frame. I was considering trying that because I'm going for a modern cafe racer thing. (I have no gauges at all, so there's no risk of mashing my face into them.)

Compared to my stock 750 risers and steel bars filled with lead pellets, I probably took close to 10 lbs off the bike with the clip ons, but a fair part of that was in lead pellets.
          former dc beltway daily commuter

Comment

Originally posted by RejectionNinja
            I I was considering trying that because I'm going for a modern cafe racer thing. .
            Wow... I thought it was just me!

You need to post pictures!

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
              I I was considering trying that because I'm going for a modern cafe racer thing. .
              Wow... I thought it was just me!

You need to post pictures!
              Yeah well... There are a few mandatory mods to get finished first. I'm not posting anything until I get my new exhaust installed, light bar chopped, and cafe racer rear cowl installed. Right now the bike just looks rough.
              former dc beltway daily commuter

Comment

Yeah well... There are a few mandatory mods to get finished first. I'm not posting anything until I get my new exhaust installed, light bar chopped, and cafe racer rear cowl installed. Right now the bike just looks rough.
                No fair!

Comment

I'm running woodcraft clip ons on my 97 750 and The only thing that I did was change the top tree to a 600 to make it look better.
                  e black

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Black
                    I'm running woodcraft clip ons on my 97 750 and The only thing that I did was change the top tree to a 600 to make it look better.
                    That's a good trick! (I did it too) I realized I was thinking of a member that put them under the triple tree.. Way lower.

Comment

Working...
                    X