X

Cdi foobarred

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cdi foobarred

HI GUYS my cdi has stopped working correctly I have read that bandit cdi will fit but they have different model numbers would this cause any problems my gsx 600f is a 1995 would the different years cause issues also
    thanks in advance

=========================

88-97 CDI box will work. You should be able to run the bike off a 89-97 750 CDI box, too but the part numbers are different. Probably because the timing is mapped a little different and the red line may be a bit higher on the 600. (Both should be true but I can't back that up with anything definite.)
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Thought the 750 had a slightly higher rev limit... Not sure myself to be honest.
      1992- project katfighter
      2005- GSXR750
      2001- TL1000R
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
      www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
      KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
      KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Pre 750 rev limiter is 12.5K
        pre 600 rev limiter is 11.5k

The ignition curve is close enough for both that your butt dyno won't tell much of a difference. I would not really recomend putting a 750 on a 600 due to the higher limiter, but a 600 on a 750 works fine. I've done that before when testing an issue to rule out a CDI problem on my 750.

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

OK, theory time. Why is the 750's rev limit higher? Are the pistons that much bigger that it has a shorter stroke? I would have thought that Suzuki would build the smaller engine to rev higher in order to squeeze some horses out of it.
          Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

the 89-97 750 is a short stoke engine. It's got a 4mm shorter stroke than the 600.

Comment

Working...
            X