X

1982 GS 1000S Katana Frame Value?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1982 GS 1000S Katana Frame Value?

Howdy fellas. First post for this rookie. I've got this 82 Katana chassis sitting in my garage and I have an interested buyer on the East Coast. Could you all give me an idea of what to ask for the chassis. I want to get a fair price and I don't want to be unreasonable either. I had it powder coated 5 years ago ( dull aluminum of course ) and have put maybe 50 miles on it since then, mostly a garage queen. The chassis is straight, no mods. What do you think? I know what I want to get out of it, but, I suppose I need to be reasonable.
    Thanks in advance for your advice!
    streetfighters

It really depends on want he wants it for and you want. I recently payed around 500 for mine 82 750 but it had the body work, stock chassis except for a removed cross member and 88 GSXR1100 rims (18 inchs) but no motor

The next one near me was a running bike but the frame was chopped and modified for a mono-shock and GSXR 750 engine. They were asking 800.

I could have gotten mine cheaper if I pushed but by the time I added all the parts up I would have came out just over the price I paid.

I hope this helps.

Comment

Is your bike complete & RUNNING or just a rolling chassis? We need SPECIFICS to give you a better, more accurate estimate. PICTURES of what you are wanting to sell will help us the most! Ray.
      85GS1150E 83GS1100SD 83GS1100ES 82GS1000SZ 96GSXR1500DRAGBIKE 96GSXR1400DRAGBIKE 90GSXR1166DRAGBIKE 05SDG110PITBIKE & 8 QUADS!!! "Life is tough! It's even tougher when you're stupid!" John Wayne

Comment

I agree with Ray, we need more details and/or photos to give you an accurate estimate. I paid next to nothing for my rolling chassis that had some upgraded rolling gear and full bodywork. I know Ray has scored some great deals on complete running kats. A titled frame with no bodywork could go for very little. Let us know exactly what you have and we'll try and help you out.

Comment

Got mine for free, already powder coated. Mind you, i was pretty lucky.
          Ok, no more mister nice guy, i've met the guy in the street, and he's a wanker.

Comment

Guys, it's the chassis- the frame structure alone, no arm, no forks, no plastics, just the chassis an eng. mounts, nutt'in else. I'm feeling the answer to my original question though. It's not worth fecal matter.
            I guess I'll leave it in the garage till 2040, maybe then I'll at least get my $240.00 from the powder coating work back. Of coarse, my plan B is to build a Suzuki version of Wez's bike from The Road Warrior with the frame. Gotta go find a cheap tubo kit though.
            Thanks guys.
            streetfighters

Comment

I will buy your frame!

Comment

400 bucks for a powder coated TITLED Kat frame would be fair to ask for. Ray.
                85GS1150E 83GS1100SD 83GS1100ES 82GS1000SZ 96GSXR1500DRAGBIKE 96GSXR1400DRAGBIKE 90GSXR1166DRAGBIKE 05SDG110PITBIKE & 8 QUADS!!! "Life is tough! It's even tougher when you're stupid!" John Wayne

Comment

Thank you for the input Ray. I do appreciate it. Your number was actually close to what I was thinking the chassis would be worth. I could talk with you for hours about scooters, Suzuki's in particular, I'm sure.
                  So, I'm in Loveland, Colorado if anyone wants a nice frame for their Kitty- to a good home only please. She's housebroken but still feral. Other parts ( bits 'n' pieces )can be made available with the frame but they may find their way onto some internet auction site pretty soon
                  Thanks again Ray.
                  streetfighters

Comment

Consider it Sold

Hello streetfighters,I will buy your frame!
                    Please send me a message with your contact info.
                    Thanks!

Comment

Just a quick note to let you all know this Katana chassis has found a new home and a new life, back on the road. Thank you to everyone who posted and offered comment on this issue!
                      streetfighters

Comment

Working...
                      X