X

How to On Hugger Fitment Instructions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to On Hugger Fitment Instructions

Here is the PDF to download.www.grmreapermotorsports.com/huggerfittinginstructions.pdf
    in word format www.grmreapermotorsports.com/huggerfittinginstructions.doc (Now MOPowersports.com)
    FITTING A 95-99 GSF600 BANDIT HUGGER TO A <98 GSXF (KATANA)
    You will need
    A 95-99 GSF 600 Hugger, bought mine from www.mandp.co.uk in the UK for GB£46.99 +
    shipping
    A Wizard rotary tool, Dremel or similar
    A Drill with 10mm Bit
    Some cable ties
    You will also need a 4mm Allen key and a 10mm spanner and about an hour of
    your time.
    The GSF 600 Bandit Hugger needs to be modified to fit. The swinging arm and tyre sizes are
    pretty much the same as the GSXF/Katana but the brake calliper is mounted on the bottom of
    swing arm as opposed to above on the GSXF/katana.
    1)
    The rear of the chain guard part of the hugger hits the frame so this is our first cut.
    2)
    You now need to make a slot in the hugger to allow the brake arm to pass thru.
    3)
    Now you can fit the hugger and check it doesn’t rub either the frame or the brake arm and trim
    as required. I used the remaining mounting hole on the left hand side to mount the hugger and
    marked the remaining mount location on the hugger, them used a 10mm drill to make the new
    mounting hole.
    4)
    I used the fitting kit that came with the hugger, so the first problem you will face is the rear most
    mount on the hugger it is right next to the brake arm, so you need to inserted the bolt from the
    inside out to allow it fit.
    5)
    Once the fitting bracket is on you can use a cable tie to hold it in place, normally on the GSF the
    bracket would attached to a lug located below the swing arm, I will eventually be getting a small
    lug welded in this location to bolt the bracket to, (will be more secure). …
    After running mine for several hundred miles with the cable tie in place I found that the hugger
    twisted and it was rubbing the rear disc, the short term solution is to attach another cable tie to
    the hugger, I drilled a hole about an inch in from the corner just big enough to take the cable tie.
    And there you go one hugger fitted to your pre 98 GSXF/ Katana
    Last edited by HS2020; 03-10-2008, 09:33 PM.
    www.mopowersports.com

why must everyone post things that i want to do with my katana? yet another excuse to spend money! :

thanks hs!

Long Live the D

Comment

Pretty cool.

I wouldn't be satisfied with tie-wraps though.
      My Karma ran over my Dogma.

Comment

i wouldnt zip tie anything to my bike like that! its just asking for problems just get something welded to the bike it wouldnt cost more then like $10

Comment

Hey , what's wrong with wire ties ?
          I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

wire tyies are for broken platics and umm.......wires??

Comment

or if you own your own welder cost is 000$ except time! Cant wait to do this...
              Life's fast so you have to be faster, ride fast and take risks...

Comment

cool i like it

Comment

yeah thats cool doesnt it say the tie wraps were temporary till the weld was done or something????
                  i found a nice rizla hugger off a k4 gsxr on ebay hmmm mont need sprayin or owt!
                  i pitty the fool that dont ride oldskool

Comment

Has anybody done this to a 98 up kat? The pre-98's have the brake caliper on top, but the post 98's are on the bottom, so will I need to weld some tabs on the right side of my swingarm? Doing the mods aren't a problem, just curious if anybody with a post 98 has done it, maybe with some pics?
                    Thanks
                    Ted
                    Edit:
                    Nevermind, Harry(GixerKat) just told me to use a hugger for an sv650, clearance for the chain, and weld a tab on the right side.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
                    You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

there are huggers made for 98 kats plus, you can get them on ebay, from someone in brazil. They come with no drill holes in them and some work is needed to install them. And the come in the correct colour of your bike.

Comment

Originally posted by freshus
                        there are huggers made for 98 kats plus, you can get them on ebay, from someone in brazil. They come with no drill holes in them and some work is needed to install them. And the come in the correct colour of your bike.
                        The eBay seller in Brazil is called artfibras. My hugger and undertail are on order now . I'll try to get pix while I do each install and post up later.

For what it's worth, I've read that installing the undertail first is easiest as once it's in, there is more room for the hugger. If you do it the other way around, then you don't have enough room to fit the undertail.
                        I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

sigpic

Comment

I will find this how to again and post it back up.
                          www.mopowersports.com

Comment

While downloading this Doc. my virus program tells me it conains an Exploit???
                            Anyone have this prob. also???

Sorry for my s h i t t y english, but i'm danish.

My bike... http://kortlink.dk/4dsu
                            sigpic

Comment

Dk. It is not on that server anymore. I can not find the orgianl document. I have it on a disc. Once I find it I will put it back up.
                              www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Working...
                              X