No announcement yet.
X

rear sprocket nut torque value please.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear sprocket nut torque value please.

sorry for the dumb question. but i read the haynes manual front to back and didn't see it.

i need the correct torque value for the 6 little nuts that hold on the rear sprocket.

it is 43 ft/lb on my other suzuki. is that right?

Originally posted by teigan View Post
    sorry for the dumb question. but i read the haynes manual front to back and didn't see it.

i need the correct torque value for the 6 little nuts that hold on the rear sprocket.

it is 43 ft/lb on my other suzuki. is that right?
    Probably the same as on this list.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

If we are talking about a 1000 or 1100 Katana (old school) then the torque values for the nuts holding the rear sprocket is 18-29 lb-ft or if you are metric 2.5 - 4.0 kg-m
      Cheers
      Mel
      MelWain

Comment

oops. i guess i overtorqued it. thanks for the clarification. bike is already back together. i arbitrarily took it to 39, based on feel. at some point in future, i'll take the wheel off and fix my mistake.

Comment

Working...
        X