X

CDI? no spark

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CDI? no spark

So ive had alot of trouble with my kat (93 600) assuming that there were just alot of issues with it.

Im going to give the full description because i don't want to leave any omit-ions out in case they prove to be vital

first it was running rough, idling high 3.5k to 4k and would stall on occasion in neutral. after having it for 3 days it just died on me. wouldn't start back up. so first thing i did was check the tank, was close to E but not on it. so when i did i broke my key off in the ignition.. awesome right.
    so i ordered a new ignition for the beast
    the damn thing was put together quite shotty when i first took the tank off. missing 2 of the vacuum port caps on #2 and #3 carb. the vacuum line for the gas tank was connected to the top vacuum port on #1 carb and the port on #4 where the vacuum hose was supposed to go had a 2inch hose with a screw in in to keep it blocked up..... the seals on both fuel T's were leaking and the vent valves between 1&2 had a straight hose with no relief and the one between 3&4 was just gone.

i noticed there was an issue with the petcock,(ordered a new petcock) wouldn't allow fuel to pass when it was on prime so after an initial cleaning i put the carbs back on and used a secondary source to prime the carbs and the bike started back up with a high idle like 4k-5k and that when i noticed the fuel T's leaking so i took them off again and started a full clean and rebuild.

ordered all the effective parts. cleaned the carbs out replaced o-rings and gaskets, soaked jets overnight. blew air through them reassembled the carbs and put them back on the bike and no luck... took the carbs off and checked them about 3 time. finally i decided to leave the carbs off and spray some starter fluid in the boots to see if i can get combustion.... nothing. took the plugs out cleaned them up a little put back in and still nothing. got new plugs and put them in and repeated with starter fluid... still no combustion. pulled one plug out and tried to start to see if i was getting spark. Nope so i tried them each individually with no success. i used my volt meter to check if i had power going to the ignition coils and i had nothing. could it be the CDI?
    any suggestions to test it, already checked fuses as well.

sorry to make it long and very jumbled just didn't want to leave anything out

thanks in advance for ur time.

everyone always blames the CDI, and it's the actual problem like 2 percent of the time. I'm not saying I'm 100% sure it's fine, more like 98% sure.

Comment

cool. do you have any idea, what my next step should be. and if it could be the cdi how can i test it

Comment

by yourself, you can't. The service department at any Suzuki dealership SHOULD have a CDI tester. See if a dealership will test it for you.

Comment

Like Chris said, the CDI is rarely a problem. I am more apt to think that you might have pulled a wire loose or something while playing around with everything.
          I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

cool ill check all the wires

Comment

Working...
            X