Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

01 KATANA Post crash fighter Back on the road.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 01 KATANA Post crash fighter Back on the road.

Heres my 2001 Katana. I have got the lights working and the bike running as it should. I dont have gauges yet or mirrors but its exciting to roll around town on it again. The headlight is an Aztec8 dual 4" matt black set up with the led turns. I know its just a naked kat but I love the tail the way it is so it will stay as is for now until i have more money.
    I Appreciate any critism good or bad

yellow is the fastest color

I really like what you did with the front end. The paint looks awesome too, the flat black is a great contrast to the yellow. If I were you I would go with some bar end mirrors and eventually (like you said) chop the tail.

All in all. I like it.
    "We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Comment

Looks well , very nice.
      if your not living on the edge
      you take up too much room

Comment

I like the color scheme. One thing that always bothers me about Kat-fighters is the bottom of the gas tank where it used to meet the fairings. It's the least clean looking part (to me...).

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
        -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

Really nice, love the headlights and the flat black/yellow, as well as the tank decal. Def chop up that tail and maybe invest in some mirrors?
          -1990 Suzuki Katana GSXF1100
          -2007 BMW 335xi (Retired )
          -2008 Audi S5
          -2010 Land Rover Range Rover

Comment

I hate streetfighters with a passion but in all honesty yours turned out ok. glad you stayed with some color and didnt just paint it all flat black like 99 percent of the people with streetfighters do
            Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
            Current Bikes:
            1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
            2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

Nice work. You going to put a front fender on? Just thinking about the water factor. If you should hit water.......
              sigpic
              98 Katana 750 89 Katana 600
              Corbin Gunfighter & Scorpion Pipe

Comment

thanks guys, I definitely want some bar end mirrors. i don't know what I'm gonna do with the fender i took it off to make it smaller but i like the look of no fender now. I'm debating what to do with the tail, i know its ugly but u gotta love the cargo space.

P.S did anyone notice the giant dents in the tank, the yellow paint under the black was chipped and i wanted to keep some yellow on it, the tail is the best i just sanded it taped off the 600 sticker painted it black then pulled the stripe sticker off to reveal some yellow.

heres a better look ( before the lights)

Last edited by GVb13; 09-04-2010, 02:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Id get a smoked taillight and that tail would look sick
                  Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
                  Current Bikes:
                  1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
                  2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

Number Five is alive!

Comment

I like the color scheme. I would paint the lower part of the tank black (the ugly part the fairing hides) except for the lower edge. You might reshape or paint the front fender to match. I would lower the headlights about 4 inches...they look too far up. If they were lower they would blend in better and be part of the bike rather than sticking off of the front. It's your bike, but that's what I'd do if it were mine.

Comment

i dig it, the flat black with the gloss yellow is great. but your tshirt sux, haha

the headlights might look better lower?
                        '90 Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by Free Coffee View Post
                          I like the color scheme. One thing that always bothers me about Kat-fighters is the bottom of the gas tank where it used to meet the fairings. It's the least clean looking part (to me...).
                          wonder if he just painted that bit black as well. may draw less attention to it.
                          2004 GSX750F

Comment

Originally posted by pisoncavalier View Post
                            i dig it, the flat black with the gloss yellow is great. but your tshirt sux, haha

the headlights might look better lower?
                            i had to show shirt in the pics cause hockey season is coming up! any hockey is good hockey to me lol.

as for the headlight placement ive been trying different spots. i have it up higher now because i want to try some sort of gauge set up and want to hide it behind the lights, I have the small front piece of fairing with the parking light on it (that says suzuki) still yellow and I want to incorporate it on the forks somewhere probably under the lights.

Streetfighters are the **** especially if u have running and you can make small changes here and there. Ill be changing stuff on this bike until someone pries the title out of my cold dead hands!!!!!

*s.h.i.t
                            Last edited by GVb13; 09-07-2010, 05:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

LOOOOVE the color.

Comment

Working...
                              X