Help identifying front fork and wheel

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help identifying front fork and wheel

Hi all,

I am restoring my old Suzuki GS850 (wrong forum, but hear me out ) and as a part of a donor bike "puzzle" I bought, also came a front fork and front wheel that obviously werent from a Suzuki GS850.

The rim says AJG, and the forks says S254. Some light Googling have pointed me towards a SUZUKI KATANA (perhaps a GSX750F), but I cant put a year on it or verify that the front wheel and forks even go together. This could be a total Frankenstein.

Can you please help me identify the make and model, so the assembly can find a suitable bike and get out on the road again?

I have uploaded some images here:

Thank you,

Best regards

Michael

Not sure about the forks, but the rotors and wheel match what's on my 98 750
    1998 Katana 750
    1992 Katana 1100
    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

That's a 90-97 600cc GSXF setup.

Wheel is curved spoke, not straight. 3 spoke eliminates 88-89 600 models.

Triple top is the single setup so 600cc. Fork tops match to the black button 3 position selector used on that year range + the fork lowers have the drain plug bolt on them, also only matching to that year range.

110/80 tire was also the "stock" size, those now days most people use radials in the 120/70 size.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

You guys for sure know you Katana's.

Thank you very much for your help.

BR Michael

Comment

Working...
        X