No announcement yet.
X

1988 Suzuki Katana "Country Brawler"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem is the swingarm isnt' getting used... it's too wide for the bike. Doesn't look right.

I'm not too terribly concerned about it yet, I still have a lot of work to do before I start putting things back together yet.

Ideally, the only way I'm changing wheels is if I find something lighter than the stock stuff that doesn't cost me my first born child.

As far as putting the Kat wheel on the Hayabusa swingarm, I was just going to have a friend turn a new axle and spacers... I had that part figured out already, but I'm not happy with how the swingarm looks in the frame.
    Disclaimer: If what I say seems condescending to you, it's probably not. I don't know (or care) if someone already knows something I'm saying, because for every person that does know, 100 lurkers may not. No offense is intended, but feel free to take it.

2001 Katana 750 'fighter build in progress

Comment

Took the engine cradle down and lifted the upper frame off the engine... set it on the ground, only to realize that it's NOT [FARKING] LEVEL.

Between the front engine cradle mounts and the rear spars it's off somewhere by about half an inch (off the floor).

Which means I'm gonna have to check it with a level and see if the neck is in shape relative to the swingarm pivot before I proceed any further with this frame.

FMMFL.
      Disclaimer: If what I say seems condescending to you, it's probably not. I don't know (or care) if someone already knows something I'm saying, because for every person that does know, 100 lurkers may not. No offense is intended, but feel free to take it.

Comment

I have to laugh at myself here. I rebuild bikes and sell them all year long, but it seems that every time I honestly start on a project for myself, it turns to shit VERY quickly. I no more than tore this bike down, got started on modding the frame, and amid everything else going on, just completely lost interest in doing this altogether.

Comment

Working...
        X