X

Questions on a Kat 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions on a Kat 750

I have had several Katana's but all 600's up to year's 2004. I am looking at a 2006 750 and just wondered if there was anything to look out for. Any issues with this year and motor. Any negatives to look out for? I am assuming it will be about the same as my '04 600 except for the motor? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. The guy is asking $1800 OBO with 13,xxx miles. All original except for the paint job.

06 750 for 1800? As long as it's in decent shape, Id buy it. more power and slightly better ergos than the 600/

Comment

^ +1
      sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
      ------------------------------------------
      89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
      96 YZF 1000R

Comment

I wish I could find a deal like that if it runs good and looks good buy it

Comment

Originally posted by keller9431 View Post
          I have had several Katana's but all 600's up to year's 2004. I am looking at a 2006 750 and just wondered if there was anything to look out for. Any issues with this year and motor. Any negatives to look out for? I am assuming it will be about the same as my '04 600 except for the motor? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. The guy is asking $1800 OBO with 13,xxx miles. All original except for the paint job.

No major difference between the 600s and 750s as far as issues or such. It's pretty much the same bike just with a little more get up and go. Everything you know about the 600 would very likely carry over to the 750s, so ... don't over think it.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Thanks for the replies! I am looking at it this evening, will let you know what happens.

Comment

Here is a pic of the bike. Needs a paint job. Tires are pretty good and so is the chain. Going to test ride it tomorrow.

Comment

thats an 06? for the money it sounds like a good deal for sure. wonder whats up with the flat black paint though. nothing negative here just curious.
                im an american proud and free , a son of the south dont tread on me.

Comment

The paint was just plain messed up. Someone tried to paint it and obviously didn't know what they were doing. Anyways the deal fell through. I couldn't test ride it because he had no insurance on the bike. Wasn't going to buy something without riding it.

Comment

Hey, its not a bad deal.Cosmetics are the reason to be cheap and easy fix. Make sure engine , frame & suspension are ok, if so go and make a deal.
                    LET'S GO AND RIDE

Comment

Who hasn't ridden a bike with no insurance/rego before?
                      See if you can just take it around the block or something..

I know bikes are ALOT cheaper in America than here but 1800 would still have to be cheap...

Comment

Well deal may be back on. Going to ride it tonight! We will see what happens.

Comment

Let it warm up good and pay attention to the 1 - 2 upshift after she's warm. Make sure it shifts clean - going up as well as down. Trans problems can be co$tly - and indicate the bike was abused.
                          2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
                          2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

Thanks for the heads up on the shift. I will check that out.

Comment

Rode the bike tonight. Had a little miss like a plug not firing until I got it up on the highway and gave a good running. After that it cleared up. Shifts nice. Neutral light is stuck on(no biggie). Chain has plenty of adjustment left. Needs rear brake pads and eventually a rear wheel. Rubber is all good but the rear wheel is bent. Tire holds air and all so I dont think it is too big of an issue. Had a little shake in the front at about 85-90. Seems like a good project bike at $1800. May make an offer and see what happens.

Comment

Working...
                              X