Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

FREE AMA Roadside Assistance for your bike... and ALL of your other vehicles also.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
    They are! It's a pretty tough sell though. It's not always a felony when a cager kills another cager so making it a felony for killing a biker would be giving us special protection. Stinks of "all equal but some more equal."
    Yeah, I know. When I was school a few years back I had to do a brief on the legalities of a case similar to this. It would be a difficult to push a bill like this across any legislation, however, it would be something that's beyond the worth.

What is the common excuse a cager gives when they hit any non-cager (bicyclist included)..."I didn't see him/her." A majority of the time they see the non-cager but because they wanted to go around them or they felt they were going to slow for their likes they decided to do something negligent which results in the pain, injury, or death of another.

A motorcyclist is at a major disadvantage because we don't have the steel beams surronding us. But I guess this is where a legislator would say that as a rider we assume the high risks of our sport. 'Bill you hit it right on the top of the dome, we (motorcyclist) are unequal (in terms of structural safety) but in regards to the sharing the road, we are considered equal (even though we're not).

Originally posted by 2K Katrider View Post
    No worries Professa! THe NORMAL/standard membership without the roadside assistance is... $39.00 a year. Guess what - the AMA membership price WITH roadside assistance is... $39.00 an year. Go to the site and check it out. I just upgraded my standard membership to the champion level this morning for NO COST. All you need is a credit card that they will charge at renewal time. It's like the Nike slogan, just do it.
    The deal is still good. I just hate the automatic payment thing. Times are hard right now, I might have to axe it for a year or another. With the credit thing they just automatically tab it every time and my dumba#@ might forget to cancel it before they hit me again. Ahh, let me stop #itching and just do it.
    Last edited by professa_riddler; 03-09-2009, 12:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    -Fire Is Good, It purifies the Soul.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by professa_riddler View Post
      ...What is the common excuse a cager gives when they hit any non-cager (bicyclist included)..."I didn't see him/her." ...
      Same thing they say when they run out in front of a train. Stupid is as stupid does.

I think a big part of it is that drivers often don't look for other vehicles or pedestrians-they look for other cars. If it's not a car they don't see it.
      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

'Bill you are the right. A lot of the problems due stem from drivers mentally not sharing the road with others. Their minds only conforms to cars. I guess the only way to change that would probably be public service announcements from the AMA or other organizations, particularly around riding season.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by squiggy View Post
          I own a Suzuki and a Toyota...I don't need no stinking road side assistance.

All funnin aside, looks good.
          You can still get a nail in those tires...

Originally posted by crazyaussie View Post
          I think I just found something to ask for, for my birthday this month! Thanks for the info Jax!
          No prob... It is just $4 more than the regular $35 membership... Helluva deal.

The deal is still good. I just hate the automatic payment thing. Times are hard right now, I might have to axe it for a year or another. With the credit thing they just automatically tab it every time and my dumba#@ might forget to cancel it before they hit me again. Ahh, let me stop #itching and just do it.

You do realize what "Wheel and tire road hazard coverage for the member's vehicles, including trailers" means right. It means that they replace your tire... You know, the Metzeler Z6's and the rims that cost quite abit more than just $39 a year. Just to name one thing that I wish I had two years ago... Got a F'in screw in my rear Dunlop, so tire replacement came out of my pocket. This is just one item of the many... If you can't afford it, can you afford to be without it...? Just saying.
          Last edited by JaxKat; 03-09-2009, 07:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
          2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
          Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
          "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
          Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
          Veteran of the United States Air Force.
          "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

... I guess the only way to change that ...
            Would be a quick 2x4 to the forehead!
            Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

[quote
              You do realize what "Wheel and tire road hazard coverage for the member's vehicles, including trailers" means right. It means that they replace your tire... You know, the Metzeler Z6's and the rims that cost quite abit more than just $39 a year. Just to name one thing that I wish I had two years ago... Got a F'in screw in my rear Dunlop, so tire replacement came out of my pocket. This is just one item of the many... If you can't afford it, can you afford to be without it...? Just saying.[/quote]

WoW!!! Jax, I think you really put this into perspective for me. Plus, I don't have anything you mentioned above included in my insurance (even for the car). And it covers the family. I'm definitely sold on it now. Jax great info. Sign me up.
              sigpic

Comment

That's my favorite part of this... It covers my wife and her car, my boy when he starts to drive then goes away to college, and my Kat all together. Almost NONE of it is in my insurance either.
                I wish I worked for the AMA. This is a heck of a deal to sale for salesman.
                "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
                Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php

Comment

Anybody actually apply for a road-hazard warrantee claim yet?
                  I'm curious how they handle it... esp. on weekends/off-hours, when most riders get such issues.

Cheers
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

That is a good deal. I have some Roadside assistance from Verizon. It's like $3.99 a month or something...

Comment

Cycle World just had this deal in the July issue as a Thumbs Up deal.
                      They had nothing bad to say about it.

When I pick up another screw in the tire, I'll post how it went with them... Until then, I am just having faith in the AMA.

Comment

Just felt this needed a

Comment

The zombies are here

Comment

Since this is an old post, has anybody used any of these benefits? I'm curious to see how the tire protection would work. I would have to assume its pro-rated?
                            89 Katana 750
                            06 Honda CRF250R

Comment

I think my roadside assistance plan with geico is better- it doesn't have a mileage limit on towing, just "to nearest place of repair".
                              As I often drive where the nearest repair place could be hundreds of miles away, this is better.

Comment

Working...
                              X