X

First track day !

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First track day !

a local club put on a track day today & a friend had said it was a great club to ride with - so with a very limited number of riders ( 42 i think ) i hit the track.

first off i was hoping to have the front end rebuild with stiffer springs but the offer to ride came too quick, I did get new diablos mounted which i REALLY like ( corsa version ).

every track is different so i won't go on about that.... i'll just say it was a lot of fun.

tim

thanks to Don ( bigD ) for coming out and taking pics !

tim

NICE. Looks like you had a lot of fun
    Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
    - Albert Einstein

Comment

you llook really smooth tinc but can i make a riding postion suggestion to you. you need to put your head where your mirror used to be and pull your shoulders off to the side of the bike you hips are off but your upper body is still over the center of the tank by putting your head where your mirror used to be it moves your shoulder with it and you could have went thru that same turn with about 1/3 less lean angle and another 15 to20 mph faster

Comment

Awesome! Let the addiction begin.
        -Steve

Comment

looks like a lot of fun. I can't wait for my first track day in June.

Comment

Awesome Trinc. I see we do the same on the front brake. I use only my midde finger as well.
            www.mopowersports.com

Comment

Originally posted by Sin
              you llook really smooth tinc but can i make a riding postion suggestion to you. you need to put your head where your mirror used to be and pull your shoulders off to the side of the bike you hips are off but your upper body is still over the center of the tank by putting your head where your mirror used to be it moves your shoulder with it and you could have went thru that same turn with about 1/3 less lean angle and another 15 to20 mph faster
              well said Sin - but.... here is my problem. i don't like the way the heel guard is so close to the peg. I basically have to rotate my whole foot ( which i can't feel where i am on the stock peg ) to keep my boot on the guard. most of the time i have my boot on the midpipe ! i tried to just keep my foot a little more forward but started dragging my toe slider.

so in a nutshell, until i get a good anchor i don't feel comfortable getting my upper body over. i don't really know what i'm going to do - aftermarket rearset while change the peg position which i don't want. maybe i'll have to have a 1 off made ?

the katanas huge heel guard has me a little spoiled i guess !

tim

Comment

Great pics, looks like a blast
                Kyle

Comment

Looks like alot of fun!!

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

mmmmmm PIR

Comment

Oh man, nice pictures...Looks like a...screw that I know it was a blast. I can't wait to see what my ol GSXR can do on the track.
                      1995 GSX-R 750W (Barney Bike - Street)
                      2004 GSX-R 600 (Race Bike) - Powered by MoPowerSports.com
                      Certified Addicted Racing/Trackday Monkey & Gixxer Fixxer // WERA West #224

Comment

Fantastic Trinc, great pictures.
                        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Trinc,
                          I am going to my first track day in June. Any pointer, suggesstions, or recomendations? Yah, I am taking my Kat.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnE1000
                            Trinc,
                            I am going to my first track day in June. Any pointer, suggesstions, or recomendations? Yah, I am taking my Kat.
                            i could ramble for days....

my thinking ( i'll keep it short ), DON'T CRASH. i pretty much figured it's going to take getting out there once to really figure it all out & sort through all the question to get it down to 1 or 2. you will get information overload. take it easy - ride around & listen to the instructors.

try and work on 1 or 2 things each session. but like me - i had to wait till the end of the day to see video & pictures ( which tells you ALOT )

the 'C' group will have a wide range of talent ( until they sort it out ) - just like street riding - ride your own pace ! just because it's a track doesn't mean you have to go fast on it. ( i did find out , many times, that down the front straight the superhawk will just about run out of steam about 145 mph )

enjoy - it's a ton of fun.

tim

Comment

Awesome pics Tim !!! Looks like a great time !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X