Transforming my Kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good job

Comment

well, as my luck goes, i start putting it all back together and i guess the carbs are clogged, they wont run more then idle and then choke and die, especial if you try to rev the motor, it just dies. So today im pulling apart the carbs, wish me luck, ive never done this before but i did download the haynes manuel from this site, so lets hope i can figure it out!

Comment

Originally posted by Stinger02 View Post
        well, as my luck goes, i start putting it all back together and i guess the carbs are clogged, they wont run more then idle and then choke and die, especial if you try to rev the motor, it just dies. So today im pulling apart the carbs, wish me luck, ive never done this before but i did download the haynes manuel from this site, so lets hope i can figure it out!
        biggest thing to remember when messing with carbs is just make sure that you keep track of every lil piece, and where the go... do you have a carb syncer?

RIP joe iwanski ... ALWAYS MISSED, NEVER FORGOTTEN!!

RIP MARC...PEGS ARE ETERNALLY DOWN FOR YOU BROTHER
        "for those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know"

my build threads
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=103472
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=105768

Comment

i dont but i didnt mess with that, i just took the top and bottom off the carbs, blew them out with carb cleaner, put them back together, seems okay now

Comment

Well today was the shakedown, I decided it needed a good ride to make sure everything was mechanical sound before i reattached the body. I rode the bike to the nearest suzuki shop, 30 miles away, to make sure my master link looked okay since ive never riveted one before. I took it on the back roads, not taking it over 60mph. Got there and he said it looked good so Im good to go! Time to reinstall the body. Now its not fully finished, still need to get my stripes painted on and the wheels stripes I ordered where WAY too small. NEVER get 3mm, thats TINY! but he's a sneak peak of it as it is today!

oh and my bike is still having issues above 6500 rpms, if you go more then half throttle its still chokes up and slows down. I cleaned the carbs so now im wondering if its more of a coil issue, maybe not enought fire at the upper rpms?
            Last edited by Stinger02; 09-01-2009, 12:44 PM.

Comment

looking good man, you remind me of when I was painting mine. I had fairings all over the house.
              sigpic
              08 Ford F150
              08 Dodge Charger
              03 Suzuki Katana

Comment

OKay time for an update!!!!!!!!!!!

The bike is nearly complete. Time to show yall some details. Okay as ya remember I was trying to incorporate some Transformer autobot details on the bike, my buddy painted some Cybertronian glyphs on the rims of the bike.

So then i reinstalled the body

I wanted to do the same hood stripes that are on the camaro. So i layed it out with black electrical tape

Now I thought i wanted it to look like this but after looking at it for a long time I decided it looked like a huge H on the front of the bike and that just really wasnt working for me so I decided to extend the stripes

I Decided that looked better so I went out and bought some vinyal from a decal shop and cut and mounted it so tell me what you think of my bikes new look

There are still a few more things i want to do with graphics, like add back the 750 decal on the tail and put a black back slash on the side of the bike to break up all the yellow. Oh also i have an autobot tank pad which ill have to show yall pictures of tomorrow when i take some. So tell me what you guys think. YAY or NAY

Comment

looks good. I need a painter
                  Bling....

Comment

looking good...
                    "LIL"TOKYO

Comment

That's using your dipstick, Jimmy!

Finally- someone realized that yellow is, in fact, the fastest color.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
                      -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

i love that commerical! Sorry forgot to take pics of my autobot tank pad but ill do it when i get back home later this week. Thanks agian for the compliments, cant wait to get her all shined up and take some really good pics, Also i have to find/buy a replacement lens for the center light, i lost it somehow while it was all apart.

Comment

Looks awesome, way better than the genericly boring stock look.
                          For sale thread Album
                          1991 Katana 600 - sold

Comment

my wheel stripes

and here is a pic of my tank pad

Comment

Dang dude, how in the world did I miss THIS thread?! Your bike looks awesome! Some clear turn signals might help a little, though. I need to do the same to my bike.

That Kangaroo station is only about 3 miles from my house. Let me know when you're going riding again...we'll have to hook up.
                              02 Katana 600 (weekend toy) 11.892 @ 111.92 MPH
                              90 GSXR 750/1216
                              96 Chevy S-10 (work truck)
                              87 Rear Engine Dragster 8.46 @ 157MPH
                              sigpic

Comment

never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Working...
                                X