No announcement yet.
X

what color should i paint rims????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been curious about the clearcoat Effex stuff. Could you post a close up of what it looks like, sans water? When I was painting my bike I thought of the ZX14's black and that had a touch of rainbow in it but only noticeable when viewing from 2ft or so on a sunny day. I wanted the same thing for mine but was on the fence with this stuff.

Comment

I don't like the idea of white.. they will never be "clean". Especially the rear well.

I think it needs a bold color that stands out. Vibrate yellow/orange/lime... something that looks like it is plugged into an electrical outlet. Too soft of color would make the whole package look too pastel.
      -2000 "750"

Comment

i feel you cherrif....ive given it more thought and im thinkin neon yellow
        the duplicolor clear is ok it kind of looks like spattered glitter to be honest....now the duplicolor clear effex in the spray can will give you that rainbow effect ill post pics tonite i used it on the gas cap and homemade framesliders and it looks sick with black
        Last edited by rc420r; 01-25-2010, 04:57 PM.
        killing is as easy as breathing

Comment

Definitely white.

Comment

I'm thinkin a dark blue wheel myself

Comment

I'd go with dark bronze, pewter, or believe it or not, a deep maroon metal flake...then accent it with decals of a similar color. I'm digging on the paint...I'd call it robin's egg blue.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Originally posted by Cheriff View Post
                I don't like the idea of white.. they will never be "clean". Especially the rear well.

I think it needs a bold color that stands out. Vibrate yellow/orange/lime... something that looks like it is plugged into an electrical outlet. Too soft of color would make the whole package look too pastel.
                Hmmm... Electric orange?? Like a Repsol CBR? Pastel colors are tough to match to primary/secondary colors. Often pastels are paired w/ other pastels to compliment one another, otherwise the contrast in colors is quite extreme. This is a tough call. I like the idea of maroon w/ flake too.

Comment

argggghhhh...ill suprise you all lol i cant make up my mind...i can always paint over

Comment

Those colors were just examples.. I didn't take the time to really place each one of the bike and picture it. My point was to have a bold color that didn't try to fit in with the seafoam color.
                    -2000 "750"

Comment

Yellow...duh.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
                      -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

Originally posted by rc420r View Post
                        argggghhhh...ill suprise you all lol i cant make up my mind...i can always paint over
                        Thats the spirit!

Comment

just paint each side of the wheels different colors. If you dont like one...just look at it from the other side!

Comment

White.
                            Futurama: I Dated a Robot (#3.15)
                            "I am Lucy Liu. Give me your spines."

Comment

whateabout the bronze color with either white or blue wheel stripes?

Comment

its over the decision is made... ill keep you all posted tho in the mean time i blacked out turn signals and added mesh and blue led'shttp://www.flickr.com/photos/46819406@N05/4307532329/....lowering links and katana decals in the mail....future kotm hopefully lol
                                and someone asked about that duplicolor clearcoat
                                http://www.flickr.com/photos/4681940...n/photostream/

Comment

Working...
                                X