Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Would I need a new chain for front sprocket change?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would I need a new chain for front sprocket change?

Thinking of going down one as many of the others have posted on here. My bike has 760 miles on it, would I need to get a new chain?

JC

Best practice is to replace chain and sprockets as a set. However, in the real world...on a bike with only 760 miles I...me...personally...wouldn't replace the chain.
    I like you. When the world is mine your death will be quick and painless.

Comment

760 miles? Keep the chain.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

save the cash and keep the chain... dont worry about it. drop the 130-200 bucks on a cowl or k&n filter...
        Without Fuel, Fire, and Compression- Air just seems useless!

Comment

I agree....I've changed the front sprocket to a different size with about 2000Km on the setup, and never seemed to have an issue - But I'm pretty anal about keeping the chain lubed and rear wheel in good alignment....

Oh, and note that dropping cash on a K&N alone will actually subtract low-end power from your bike (right Cyber?)....so get the cowl!
          FrankenKat 1216
          GS Fiter 816
          GSXR750! (race)

Comment

already have the cowl, just got it...

i am going to do the jetkit first, Ivans and see if that will be enough..

thanks for the replies

JC

Comment

Originally posted by DooD
              Oh, and note that dropping cash on a K&N alone will actually subtract low-end power from your bike (right Cyber?)...
              At least on the 98+ models. Since I haven't been elbows-deep in pre-98's often enough to be sure, I can't say definitively, although I suspect the same would be true.

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
              X