X

Wannebe Newbe

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wannebe Newbe

Bought a cheap little motorized bicycle which awakened me a long forgotten desire to ride. So, I put money down on a '99 Katana 600, registered in motor cycle endorsement course (to be completed this weekend weather and brain permitting) bought gear:helmet,jacket,and gloves. Loving the sound of an inline four I had to have a slip on, so EBay is sending me a Delkevic 14"
    (sounded good,reasonably priced) knowing that my out of shape self will probably drop it I ordered some frame sliders as well. Been looking at post on how to remove fairing and another on how to install sliders. THANKS. Very informative.
    It's been two weeks and still no bike. The bike supposedly has less than 2000 miles on it so needless to say it needed carbs cleaned. At first mechanic said problem was it was not firing on all four cylinders-he fixed that then he said running a little rough-gonna sync carbs today I think. In one way I want them to keep it until all the kinks are straightened out in another way I wanna ride!

Sounds nice and welcome to kr
    Post some pics when you get a chance.

Cheers

Comment

Thanks. Probably be awhile before I figure out how to upload pics. I was able to put some in my garage.

Comment

Welcome to the neighborhood! Have fun at the course!
        1998 Katana 750
        1992 Katana 1100
        2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Welcome to KR

Comment

Thanks all. Still waiting anxiously to hear about bike. Will probably give dealer a call tomorrow to see if it"s ready.
            So far i'm out a chunk of change and I figure I still need tires and probably brake lines, maybe more.

Comment

Welcome to KR!!!

Comment

Working...
              X