No announcement yet.
X

First bike!! Newwwwwb ready to learn!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All tires have a date code on the sidewall. They might look new, but could be older than you think. Rubber degrades with time and lose their traction.
    1989 GSXF 750 Katana.
    V&H supersport exhaust, ported head, GSXR cams
    Michelin PR2's, RT fork springs and R6 shock

Comment

Originally posted by rschlegel View Post
      They just came out with the PR4 but I have not heard how they are yet. The 3's are supposed to get some pretty good miles (over 10,000 miles on some reviews) and they say the PR4 should get about 20% more.
      Running a PR4 set on the front and rear. I have no other tire experience other than the flat-spotted (highway hero) Shinko garbage tires he was running ($90 for the set of tires, I looked online).

Entire worlds better and never had it asking for traction on me. Been through some pretty hard twisties and plenty of miles and still look brand new. Extremely sexy looking tire as well.
      - Purplehaze
      All-Black 1993 Suzuki Katana 600 (Click for pictorial fun!)

Comment

Originally posted by Kat05TEG View Post
        I'd like to take off the headers to repaint black. Iv read taking the headers off is kind of a B$$$$!? Is this true? Any way of simplifying the process?/ tips on how?
        Just removed the Vance and Hines 4-into-1 headers on my '91 600. Two of the 8 studs snapped off, one on each of the two center pipes, the rest came out quite easily. There is no gasket to replace, though I did use a smear of high-heat silicone when I remouted the sandblasted and re-painted headers. I decided NOT to use an easy out and just left the 2 snapped studs off... 6 header bolts holds the whole thing together just fine... it seemed more work than it was worth to get them out of the head. Make sure to replace any missing or broken springs-- these help to support the weight of the header and keep if snugged against the exhaust-head.
        Attached Files
        sigpic
        '91 Katana 600 custom right-side shift, Yoshimura Exhaust, Vinyl Carbon Fiber wrapped.

'09 Aprilia Mana 850 Carbon Fiber body work, Leo Vince Exhaust, HID conversion

Comment

When you get that out back together pay attention for exhaust leaks - they'll make the bike run lean. Hope that doesn't happen, getting broken bolts out is always a bear.
          1998 Katana 750
          1992 Katana 1100
          2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Welcome to KR....Ride safe!!!

Comment

Working...
            X