X

hi from upstate new york

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi from upstate new york

Hi there. I just saved a 1990 katana 600 from going to the scrap yard. Don't know much about the bike. I was told that there was nothing wrong with her and he just didn't want it anymore not that I believe him. I did get her to run. Carbs need some help, as well as some other things. But all and all I think she is worth saving.
    Attached Files

Head to the wiki and download the service manual and read carbs 101. It's a detailed how to for carb cleaning. Good luck with the bike!
    1998 Katana 750
    1992 Katana 1100
    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Welcome to KR

Comment

From the looks of it, your starting off with more than others have had.
        Congrats and Welcome to KR.

Comment

old bike

Hey there-- my '91 600 looked equally miserable when I got it... and I rode it for two years with a rattle-can paint job, mismatched tires, and an V&H exhaust that was so loud I may have permanently damaged my hearing... but it was FUN! Good luck with the new bike!
          sigpic
          '91 Katana 600 custom right-side shift, Yoshimura Exhaust, Vinyl Carbon Fiber wrapped.

'09 Aprilia Mana 850 Carbon Fiber body work, Leo Vince Exhaust, HID conversion

Comment

Welcome!
            sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
            1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
            2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
            First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
            Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

Welcome. If you're ever in Saratoga county let me know, got a bunch of people we ride with around here. Few of them have Katana's including my self.
              - Josh

2003 Suzuki Katana 600, Two Brothers Carbon Fiber exhaust, plasti dipped black and green (almost). I live and ride in Upstate NY.

Comment

Working...
              X