• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No prob...Good Luck w all that!

Comment

Leave Petcock on ON

Comment

so if the clutch cable is adjusted all the way out on the lever what does that mean? does it mean i will need a new cable soon or a new clutch or something else

Comment

Could you explain the throttle problem more? Seems like you have 3 different problems lol :/

Comment

Originally posted by illwillone View Post
            so if the clutch cable is adjusted all the way out on the lever what does that mean? does it mean i will need a new cable soon or a new clutch or something else
            Just depends on how much adjustment you have left at the sprocket cover side...possibility of all 3

Comment

Hey guys another off topic question but which way should I turn the idle screw to raise the idle? I've turned it both ways counting the turns and turning it back when I'm finished but the bike doesn't like to idle unless the choke is on a little. The adjustments to the idle screw seem to have no effect.
              At first I was like

Now I'm like

Comment

to the right to make it go up...left to drop it. u need to make sure it's screwed in far enuff to be functional. if its not contacting the linkage its doing you no good

Comment

A forum filled with write-ups, FAQ's, and visual aids for
                  mechanical & cosmetic modifications to your Katana.
                  90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                  I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                  Originally posted by soulless kaos
                  but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

petcock not working properly ( try running it on prime )
                    gas cap vent plugged
                    98 GSX750F
                    95 Honda VT600 vlx
                    08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Originally posted by stretched600 View Post
                      to the right to make it go up...left to drop it. u need to make sure it's screwed in far enuff to be functional. if its not contacting the linkage its doing you no good
                      Thanks. I pulled it all apart to look at everything and it looks like the PO had a few hoses disconnected or something? I made a post about it.
                      Can't get it to run right? Find a trick to add HP?
                      From the first oil change to completely rebuilding the engine,
                      this is the place to talk about the heart of the beast!

I think the screw was hitting but I'll make sure before I put it back together.
                      Last edited by XyleRin; 04-22-2012, 10:05 PM.
                      At first I was like

Now I'm like

Comment

another symptom that i noticed is different lately about my bike - when i open up the fuel tank door there is a huge air suction . like i'm getting air in the tank if that is possible , could be a concern or a reason why my bike shuts off . i tryed bypassing the kickstand switch and it didnt help any. any other suggestions ?

Comment

crappola.. a ghost in the machine is amiss
                          im an american proud and free , a son of the south dont tread on me.

Comment

another symptom that i noticed is different lately about my bike - when i open up the fuel tank door there is a huge air suction . like i'm getting air in the tank if that is possible , could be a concern or a reason why my bike shuts off . i tryed bypassing the kickstand switch and it didnt help any. any other suggestions ?
                            you have a clogged vent. that will cause the fuel to not flow. no pressure should be present. it's like trying to drain your coolant without removing radiator cap.
                            never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Originally posted by KAT TOY View Post
                              you have a clogged vent. that will cause the fuel to not flow. no pressure should be present. it's like trying to drain your coolant without removing radiator cap.
                              +1 Trying riding a short non aggressive length with the tank open and see if that helps

Comment

i found that the previous owner of my kat cut the clutch switch at the lever. when it ground out it would blow the fuse and bike wouldnt start.

just my hard learned 2 cents.

Comment

Working...
                                X