X

airbox interchangability?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• airbox interchangability?

I have an 88 kat 600 what air boxes will work? They have discontinued the airbox and i have only found one on eBay just incase I can't buy it before its sold is there any other airbox that will work? I've been looking at them all and they don't seem very different at all

The air box itself is the same 88-06. The air box boots are the thing that changes. You need an 88-89 600.

Comment

Slight correction...

The 88-89 airbox is not the same as the later models. You might be able to use the later model boxes with the 88-89 boots to fit the 88-89 carbs, but the boxes are definately different.

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

its only if i cant find the box for the 88 i can get the boots no prob. thanks

Comment

1989 Suzuki Katana GSX600F - Air Box

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
            just purchased this wonder why its still up

Comment

It's not.

Comment

hopefully its the right one i hate dealing with ebay dont know why just dont wanna get the wrong stuff

Comment

That seller is pretty good. I've dealt with them a lot. They have a set of 1989 600 carbs listed now, although it's listed as 1990.
                  1990 Suzuki GSX Katana 600F 600 F Carburetors / Carbs / Mikuni see?

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                    It's the wrong airbox ****in a I always have a problem with eBay hahaha
                    I put tue pods on that came with the bike its running lower in the rpms still not
                    Right though gotta do all the tune up stuff before I run it any more though

Comment

Tune up stuff won't fix the running issue with pods installed.

Comment

Originally posted by 05RedKat600 View Post
                        Did someone say pods?

+1 for what RedKat says.

Comment

Runs fine with the pods its better than buying airboxes that won't work

Comment

Originally posted by Spadesup420 View Post
                            Runs fine with the pods its better than buying airboxes that won't work

Originally posted by Spadesup420 View Post
                            It's the wrong airbox ****in a I always have a problem with eBay hahaha
                            I put tue pods on that came with the bike its running lower in the rpms still not
                            Right though gotta do all the tune up stuff before I run it any more though
                            All of a sudden it runs fine with pods?
                            Last edited by 05RedKat600; 01-12-2012, 03:50 PM.

Comment

All of a sudden it runs fine with pods?
                              I didnt have anything on when I was have the 5k idle problem

Comment

Working...
                              X