No announcement yet.
X

Bitten Off More Than I can Chew? New member

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I vote for a full restore, would really like to see it back in all its glory.
    2002 GSXF 750

Comment

I am a fan of the old GS/ES's myself, but that looks like more of a project than I would take on.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Katana

Someone else here mentioned it and so will I. What you have is not a Katana, it is a GS750. Some parts are interchangeable, that's it. Good luck. Looks like you have your work cut out for you.
        Gammas and Katanas

Comment

Start with the motor, remove the plugs and try to turn it over by hand - some penetrating oil sprayed down the bores wouldn't be a bad idea. If it turns over you're in with a chance but you will still really need to strip it down to see the full damage as it's been in the canal and stood for so long - chances are that it's just a horrible, rusty mess inside
          If the motor is wrecked I think I would just break it and sell the rest of the bike for spares.

Good luck anyway and please keep us informed of the progress, preferably with pics - we LOVE pics

Engelskmannen.
          Carpe Jugulum...
          1994 GSX1100F

Please check out my re-build thread: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=128660

Comment

It all depends on the Engine,It'll need tearing down,thats not a problem, sourcing Parts in the Uk might be,there's not much on Fleabay right now.I done a heavy rebuild on My XJ,but that had not been in canal and stored in a garage for 15 years.I've got a fully Equipped Garage and my Mate is an Engineer with access to Everything Engineering.
            Last edited by Simonref; 08-14-2013, 10:10 AM.
            Only a Biker knows why a Dog sticks Its Head out of a car Window

Comment

I had a 1984 Suzuki GS750EF, the full fairing model. I loved that bike. Smooth, comfy. I put 50,000 km on her before I traded her in on my Katana 1100 in 1988.

Comment

Hows this for Inspiriation,Ok, it's not a Katana, nor is it Particularly desirable,but I have a Idea, some other Suzuki parts Should fit,changing Wheels and Brakes for Bandit items,Front Wheel is 16" a Bandit wheel would allow Modern Rubber.

Comment

Progress

Frame powder coated,Full kit of parts now ready,new bearings,Tyres,Chain and Sprockets,correct front End,Complete Engine.ETA Easter.

Swingarm is not one that is going on the bike ,that one's going on another One.
                  Last edited by Simonref; 12-13-2013, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Okay, I'm excited. This is gonna be good.
                    - Purplehaze
                    All-Black 1993 Suzuki Katana 600 (Click for pictorial fun!)

Comment

I'm in
                      sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                      ------------------------------------------
                      89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                      96 YZF 1000R

Comment

I am liking what I am seeing..........go for it........
                        sigpic
                        98 Katana 750 89 Katana 600
                        Corbin Gunfighter & Scorpion Pipe

Comment

Pics as you go would be great!
                          79 Honda Red CBX, 79 Honda Silver CBX, 82 Suzuki 1000 Katana, 76 Kawasaki KZ900, 84 VF1000F, 07 Honda CBR1000RR Repsol, 95 CB1000 Big One, 1987 Hondaxl600R, 1978 Honda XL250S, 2006 Yamaha TW200

Comment

glad you went for it!
                            94 GSX600F, V&H 4-1 Supersport exhaust

My daily driver build thread- http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=129561

Comment

This is mine. Owned since new.

Comment

Wow,Theres some neat Mods on Your Bike,Swingarm, Front End, Wheels Footrest.Now theres some Inspiriation for the Second Frame I've got.

Comment

Working...
                                X