No announcement yet.
X

NEW 2005 Veloce Racing (CROTCH ROCKET)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW 2005 Veloce Racing (CROTCH ROCKET)

I was offered this for a trade on a 78 monte carlo I need to get read of.

Told him I'd have to pass.
    I found one that sold on Ebay, locally and the pic he emailed me was the same as the ebay pic.

I don't think it would be good enough for a starter bike for my daughter.
    I think they are junk, am I right ?

Rubbish... as Jeremy Clarkson would say...

Comment

Is that what a crotch rocket is... And all this time I thought it was some kind of VD.
      Pics
      Pics
      No pics yet
      Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

How old is your daughter?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tdrcomm View Post

Comment

Originally posted by thetable View Post
            Is that what a crotch rocket is... And all this time I thought it was some kind of VD.
            I hate that term. I'm sure it's regional, but around here, I've never heard it come from the mouth of somebody that actually rides, or at least has ridden for more than a couple years.
            Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
              I hate that term. I'm sure it's regional, but around here, I've never heard it come from the mouth of somebody that actually rides, or at least has ridden for more than a couple years.

Ditto! I have a faculty member that calls my bike a crotch rocket...he rides a scooter so I call it his butt rocket
              sigpic

Comment

chicks love it when you call your bike a crotch rocket...if that 200 is made in china dont even look at it

Comment

my friends daughter says my Katana is not a real bike .... it's a crotch rocket. I think thats funny!

Comment

Originally posted by jdm5770 View Post
                    Ditto! I have a faculty member that calls my bike a crotch rocket...he rides a scooter so I call it his butt rocket
                    shouldn't his be a butt turtle ?

Comment

Originally posted by barryjay View Post
                      shouldn't his be a butt turtle ?

a butt turtle or turtle head is different. its like prarie dogging. tell me someone else gets this...
                      May the road rise up to meet you.
                      May the wind always be at your back.
                      May the sun shine warm upon your face,
                      and rains fall soft upon your fields.
                      And until we meet again,
                      May God hold you in the palm of His hand.
                      RIP Marc

Comment

I dunno. I think it's a pretty good deal for someone just learning to ride.
                        sigpic

Comment

I dunno. I think it's a pretty good deal for someone just learning to ride.
                          I dunno, I think it's made in China. and China metals and plastics are very poor quality.

Originally posted by erok011 View Post
                          a butt turtle or turtle head is different. its like prarie dogging. tell me someone else gets this...
                          I don't get it! turtle was the only thing I could come up with to say it is slow.
                          Last edited by barryjay; 08-28-2009, 08:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

The chinese bikes seem to vary GREATLY in quality. I've looked at a couple that actually seemd "fair"....definately not up to japanese standards, but serviceable. I've also seen some that blow a motor in 300 miles without being abused.

I recently read a review about the Qlink supermoto that was quite favorable (although now I can't find the article at all). Again, they admitted it wasn't up to current standards, but that it performed well enough and didn't break. I've also heard reasonable things about the Lifans.

I would definately do a little research on the brand first. Again, some are complete junk, others are just OK.

Honestly, I'd spend the $1500 for a 2000 ninja 250 and forget about it. Everyone knows those things will run for 25,000 without issue, they've been doing it for 20+ years now. But if you feel like gambling, and he wants a fair price for that chinese bike (i.e, less than $700 or so), you could give it a shot.

***EDIT**** I just looked at the auction, that thing sold for $1550!!!! Ha ha ha aha aha ahah!!!
                            Buy a preloved ninja 250! it will definately last longer, might even cost less if you find the right deal.
                            Last edited by tmk7c9; 08-28-2009, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by erok011 View Post
                              I get it!

Comment

Working...
                              X