X

Look Ma No Hands!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ZukiFred
    I would recomend you getting a price on a set of Metzeler Z6's.
    +1
    Florida, the only place where you need your windshield wipers and sunglasses. At the same time.

05/02 1216 Kabandit
    18v Rigid Drill
    Craftsman Rubber Mallet with duct tape mod
    New Balance 765 running shoes from 10th Grade, with duct tape and super glue mod

Comment

Metzeler Z6's

$115.95 for the front
      $131.95 for the back

45 minutes labor (hour rate $70)
      so $70 or less for install... mount and balance

Does this sound reasonable?

Sounds reasonable to me after buying Michilin dirt bike tires..
      2007 GSXR 600 BLACK
      Traded in the 02 KAT 600 and sold the 02 KX250..
      2003 KX 125 (sold)

Comment

tire prices seem ok, but the mount & balance price... yeowch!

was that for THEM removing the wheels, or for you bringing in just the wheels?

FWIW, Cycle Gear has a shop in Manchester, CT (about 90 miles from you) and they charge $10 per wheel to M&B. (or at least that's what CG charges here) you have to bring 'em just the wheels, but that's easy if you have a centerstand.

call around and you may find a more reasonable price for the M&B, there's another indy shop near me that charges $15 per wheel.

M&B should be a 15 minute job for someone who knows what they are doing.
        KLR 650, KLR 250, Beta TR 32 trials bike, Katana 600, BMW R65, Tundra V8 4x4

Comment

That labor charge is for me to drive the bike in and pick it up in the afternoon. Honestly I don't know if saving $35 is worth it to me for the process up taking off both wheels then putting them both back on... also this guy is pretty cool. He'll have a chance to take a quick look at the bike and see if there's anything I should be worried about. The only other place I've dealt with around here is Sky Cycle (I think they're shisters) in Lunenburg , MA. They charged me $35 to mount a dirt bike tire when I just brought in the wheel and bought the tire from them. I don't think I'm going to do any better locally...
          2007 GSXR 600 BLACK
          Traded in the 02 KAT 600 and sold the 02 KX250..
          2003 KX 125 (sold)

Comment

then if thats for them doin the whole thing to me yes it a good price! thats if you dont want to do it yourself!

Comment

Working...
            X