X

I drove my friends bike...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ratgti View Post
    . on the flip side. i rode my friends harley and now my kat seems like a saturn 4 rocket.
    My buddy had a similar experience after he road my Kat, then went back to his harley. He wants to trade once an a while but I'm not interested in riding his harley. Maybe I should when I start thinking I need a fast bigger bike LOL
    2004 Honda ST1300
    1999 Katana 750 (sold)

Comment

well I'm used to the Kat again, it was fun and short lived. I think it may have actually boosted my riding skill a bit. We went out yesterday to practice cornering at an undeveloped business park yesterday (roads are there but nothing else) and I was able to drag a peg. It was quite an accomplishment for me, I've had my license a month and a half and have come quite a way. I think i practice more than i ride, i've watched the cornering bible videos more times than i can remember. I can't wait to save up some money and get a full suit and hit a track day. I have a feeling this will become more than a sunday hobby for me.

keep in mind this business park is laid out like 4 huge squares, it's awesome. all 90 degree turns, no traffic, no gravel, new pavement, hit them at 50km/h and accelerate and get a feel for the lean. I hope it stays undeveloped for a long time. It's a safe place to practice control and precision.

I'll get some better videos/pics at another time and hopefully someone can critic my body position so i can get better/safer.
      Last edited by badwithcomputer; 06-15-2012, 01:39 PM.
      -Brandon

Comment

A 2000 cb 900 has 153 hp my old 2002 kat 600 had 88 hp ............ and my beemer S-1 has 187 hp to the rear it pulls whellies in 4th at 11 rpms at 143 with out trying .

Comment

Originally posted by ratgti View Post
          if harley davidson made an airplane would you fly in it ?

They do, well Kinda. I have seen it as have others that went to the rally that year.

Wheels Through Time Museum is home to the world’s premier collection of rare American motorcycles, memorabilia, and a distinct array of unique “one-off” American automobiles. Located just 5 miles off the Blue Ridge Parkway in Maggie Valley, North Carolina our museum houses a collection of over 300 rare machines.
          Damn you Nicole, We will not speak of the 2012 Rally

Comment

see you later chicken strips!!!!

-Brandon

Comment

dam that's a lot of hand sanding
              voting member of the 750 kat as your first bike club

94 750 katana (my prechuuuusssss)
              82 1100 goldwing interstate (maybe a replacement for the kat)
              83 650 Yamaha maxim (will run some day)

Comment

^hahahaha

Comment

Working...
                X