No announcement yet.
X

why a katana?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this bike has taught me a lot in terms of wrenching on your own bike. would never have considered it on my first one

Comment

I'll give an answer similar to what I gave in the other thread. I have owned a '91 Kat 1100 since '98. I also have a '11 C14. Compared to the C14, the kat feels primitive and crude. So, why do I still keep this decades old relic around?
      The kat is very easy to work on. I can adjust those screw adjuster valves and synch it up in one day, maybe one half day. When the time comes for a valve check on the C14, I might take it to the dealer as it is very involved.
      The kat also is not water cooled, I like that. The bike is simpler and cleaner and I like hearing those valves tapping their note.
      I still consider this bike pretty fast and I like the styling. Oh, and not one bit of emission controls!

Comment

cause i got mine for 600 bucks and it runs great.

Comment

Originally posted by DClark View Post
          ...the kat feels primitive and crude...
          That's one reason right there. One of the things I like about motorcycles is that you feel closer to the machine than you do in a car. Primitive and crude just add to that.
          Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
          HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

Originally posted by Wild-Bill View Post
            That's one reason right there. One of the things I like about motorcycles is that you feel closer to the machine than you do in a car. Primitive and crude just add to that.
            You got that right.There are a lot of little things that add to the experience, like the smell of semi burnt fuel (no cat converters), the sound of the motor (no water cooling), that wonderful exhaust note (again, no cats).
            It is like comparing a modern sports car to a 60's muscle car like a '69 Roadrunner 440. Sure, the new car will destroy it in every performance category, but that Roadrunner sure is still a lot of fun to drive.
            Air cooled inline fours are dead, the Bandit was the last hurrah. The Katanas were the last of the breed, they won't ever be made again, appreciate them if you got one. Even though I got that shiney C14, I know that I'd throw out my leg kicking myself in the back if I sold my old Kat 1100.
            These bikes have a lot of charactor!
            Last edited by DClark; 05-30-2012, 11:38 PM.

Comment

After not riding for 15 years, a Kat was a perfect choice for a bike to get back in the saddle with. They're comfortable, dependable, easy to work on. A 750 is tame to ride around town and on the road a crack of the throttle brings a smile to your face. Sticks in the twistys nice. Insurance is $10 a month and the best part picked it up at impound auction for $400. All I've done is repainted it (mismatched plastics) and serviced it. Runs and rides beautifully!

Comment

After not riding for 15 years, a Kat was a perfect choice for a bike to get back in the saddle with. They're comfortable, dependable, easy to work on. A 750 is tame to ride around town and on the road a crack of the throttle brings a smile to your face. Sticks in the twistys nice. Insurance is $10 a month and the best part picked it up at impound auction for $400. All I've done is repainted it (mismatched plastics) and serviced it. Runs and rides beautifully!

Comment

Kat its a dream for me and I'll explain why
                  When I was 15 years old I went with my older brother in a citye with some friends, one guy there had a Kat 0 km that imported from Japan nobody knews the bike until now I spent one hour looking for each piece of the bike and for me was amazing its like the Jaspion bike ( A Japanese TV series) that I was watching everyday in TV.
                  I never forget about the bike and this guy started to be a friend of my brother the loves keep going and this year after 16 years old I've bought the same bike this one in my avatar from this guy and I'll stay with this bike forever and I'm also very happy to have found this forum because here its very difficult to find peaces for Kat so you can imagine how this forum its important to me

Comment

Working...
                  X