No announcement yet.
X

GSXR 750 cams in a 750

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a 1990 GSXR 750 engine in my 93 kat and all its power is at the top end for sure. 7-8k is where she really starts pulling hard.

Comment

any sources out there for 88-90 GSXR 750 cams??? tks

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
        The Katana, my take, I will go on record as saying the Katana is the awesomest piece of crap I've ever seen. A stock Katana is a joke, it's a flat out pos. Suzuki made the Katana to be as cheap as possible, it IS. With that stated I really can't think of a better base to modify. I could make an awesome GSXR 1000, but guess what, Suzuki Motor Corp. already did. So, with a very comfortable up right riding position, and unlimited possibilties to make awesome, you know what a Katana engine is? It's a 1990 GSXR 750 engine. Same stroke, same a lot of things. So yeah if you wanna go 140 right out of the box, buy a gixxer.
        My GOD, did he REALLY say those things here?? In Katriders.com???

Next thing you know, he will be talking about cowls...
        "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Originally posted by rigidone View Post
          any sources out there for 88-90 GSXR 750 cams??? tks
          eBay, classifieds, etc. I have a brand new GSXR exhaust cam and used intake, both '88 specs I got from Arsenic.
          Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
          Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

I'm pretty sure you can still buy the cams new from places like bikebandit.com. It'll cost you though. I got my whole 90 GSXR 750 engine off ebay for only $175. That's about the cost of one new cam.

Comment

trackerrr u interested in parting with them cams??

Comment

where can i find gsxr 750 cams for my '92 750?

Comment

Originally posted by rigidone View Post
                  trackerrr u interested in parting with them cams??
                  PM sent.
                  Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
                  Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

replied...

Comment

Working...
                    X