No announcement yet.
X

Changed my mind.. I'm sorry

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I put 87 in my bike Sunday and it rides like crap. Its harder to start and run a little rough. I'm going back to 93. However, I have notice that 87 burns slower.
    "Knowledge comes from finding the answers, yes, but understanding what the answers mean is what brings wisdom. Men who didn’t understand the difference have been the ruin of some of the world’s greatest civilizations." - Lionel Luthor

Comment

Really sutpid question from a newb here. Just trying to read through this and make some sense of it as a new katana rider.

I just bought an 88 kat 600, I've only had to fill it up once and was told to only put 93 oct premium fuel in the tank. Not having anything to compare it with, I can't say whether it's riding poorly or very well.

My question being, if I try 87 oct. fuel on my next fill up, could it damage the engine in any way I don't know about? Or is it a good thing to try and find what works best?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by fadeykin
        Really sutpid question from a newb here.
        No such thing..
        Oh unless it's the "do you want a car wash?" while filling up your motorcycle..
        I just bought an 88 kat 600, I've only had to fill it up once and was told to only put 93 oct premium fuel in the tank. Not having anything to compare it with, I can't say whether it's riding poorly or very well.
        Unless there are some performance mods,
        High compression pistons, igition advance etc..
        89 will not hurt it.
        87 won't hurt it either.. If you notice it's running poor
        you can change back.

Comment

well, maybe I'm just not observative enough to notice but I've run all different octanes from many places and can't feel much difference at all, stock

I only run 93 when I'm fillin up w/my dad (HD does need 93)

maybe I'll just try running alchohol huh?
          Live and Lean.
          When the going gets twisty, the going get twistin.
          "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
          Romans 3:23

Comment

I've been telling you guys this for year, but nobody listens..............
            Ron
            MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Originally posted by meanstrk

Well , I never could tell a difference between 87 and 93 either . I figured since I had a 771 kit I HAD to run 93 . But it turns out you DON'T have to if you don't use the thinner Wiseco gasket . Mine doesn't make that 13:1 compression , so 87 it is . Doing fine (relatively) , too . No odd noises I can tell , anyway .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by meanstrk
                You've been here a year?
                Name doesn't ring a bell....
                Hmmm

Comment

I have a 06 katana, and I have been putting in 87. Should I be putting in a higher octane?
                  Roger

06 Katana 600
                  02 Stratus R/T
                  98 Neon R/T Turbo
                  98 Neon R/T
                  78 Olds Delta 88 Royale

Comment

Originally posted by roger06Kat
                    I have a 06 katana, and I have been putting in 87. Should I be putting in a higher octane?
                    Nope. But buy good quality 87 octane gas (a brand with a decent detergent load).

Cheers,
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I have been using 87 from chevron on the new bike, it likes it.

Comment

Working...
                      X