X

the waving issues

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the waving issues

i see alot of posts about proper wave procedures... to be honest i get sick of waving and then people mad at me for not waving back. im out for a ride not a social thing. ya whatever great, someone else is out riding too great for them doesnt mean i have to wave to them. doesnt make us out to be some kinda of cool clique or anything cause we are on two wheels. just cause i dont wave doesnt mean i have anything against them or what they are riding either.

i wave to alot of bikers when im in a good mood and all. but its really something that shouldnt be so serious to people. once i didnt wave to this guy, a few miles later i see him coming the oppesite way and he flips me off.

then i see alot of people only wave to certain other types of bikers based on what they look like or what they ride. its just all gone over board. wave all you want or dont wave but noone should take it serious or expect something from other riders.
    03 katanika

to each his own, but I enjoy the wave. if someone doesn't wave back oh well I'm not gonna lose sleep over it. but it's a friendly gesture acknowledging a mutual passion for riding. and yes it does (to me) make you feel as if you're part of an exclusive club of sorts. and yes, there are those morons who only wave to certain types of bikes. these guys don't get it. it doesn't make you cool to diss another rider for his choice of bike, it makes you an azzhole.

Comment

it all depends on my mood. if I am feeling all chipper and happy, I will do the wave thing. if I am just out and in my own groove, I don't bother, unless they wave first....them I will return it...or not. and other days I just don't feel like sharing the road with anyone...and whether you are in a cage or on a bike, you are in my space, so waving is not an option.
      it is nothing I lose sleep over. depends on my mood.
      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Nobody ever said you had to wave every single time, relax I always wave when Im out riding though. To me I feel it spreads the good word about riding and that we are all in this fraternity together no matter what we ride. To me its just good sportmanship and courtesy to wave.

And besides if they dont wave back, its not like I lose sleep over it or anything as Im sure they dont lose sleep if I dont get a wave up in time or they dont see it from traffic.

Comment

I don't care...I wave to everyone...choppers, sport bikes, tourers, scooters, vespa's, mopeds, etc...If they wave back fine if they don't no problem...sometimes I miss a wave due to concentrating on the road or if I don't see them until too late...many times a nod just to say hi takes the place of the wave...It is just something I find fun to do...to me it's part of riding..what seperates us form the cagers...yes it is a clique...a clique of people that feel 2 wheels are more fun to commute on than 4. We all like the "freedom" and have that in common...same reason I go to "bike nights", just a time when other bikers from all over get together to talk...some are stupid and they are easily picked out of the crowd...but most are cool and are great people to hang out with...but that's just my $.02 worth of thought...
          Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
          Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
          Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

I don't wave at Deal's Gap. If you waved at every bike there, you would just have to ride the whole thing with only your right hand.

It isn't a requirement and I certainly don't give a rat's arse if someone doesn't wave back at me. Big deal.

Comment

Wavin to the new scooter crowd is a blast.they dont know what to do. they do the real quick wave,so they dont drop,run off the road or worse..they my friends are a different breed. Try it youll get a chuckle..

Comment

Originally posted by SKNL2
                I don't wave at Deal's Gap. If you waved at every bike there, you would just have to ride the whole thing with only your right hand.
                It's even harder at the Gap if you're doing two handed waves each time... damn, where did I put that pic?

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                  Originally posted by SKNL2
                  ... the whole thing with only your right hand.
                  Eh, your honor, I would like to move that my love life be stricken from the record.

Comment

I was talking with a friend who rides a scooter and she said sports bike riders in general refused to wave to her, but that Harley riders waved all the time.

Weird.

Comment

i dont wave at scooters, just laugh, ,maybe i'll start

Walter Sobchak: You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once.

Comment

i will wave to scooters. Anyone the drives in traffic and not in a cage deserves a little respect.

Comment

Originally posted by Selby
                          I was talking with a friend who rides a scooter and she said sports bike riders in general refused to wave to her, but that Harley riders waved all the time.
                          The bold portions explains it all, at least in regards to the Harley riders
                          I wave at 'em all...

Cheers,
                          =-= The CyberPoet
                          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I try to wave whenever I can. I enjoy the small amount of camaraderie that owning and riding a motorcycle offers. I have enough solitary hobbies.
                            "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

Just about the only time I don't wave is on the highway. I've got enough to worry about at 70MPH without taking a hand of the bar....

Props to the guys that do wave though!
                              -Steve

sigpic
                              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                              Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
                              X