X

Just put on my new bandit 1200 shock!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just put on my new bandit 1200 shock!

I finally got to throw my bandit shock, and although it wasnt a direct fit, a little bit of filing was necessary.

It def. raised the rear of the bike! My fiancee used to be able to tiptoe it, but now her feet dangle about an inch or so off the ground lol

It has a sweet lean to it now as well, and the space between tire and tail is impressive.

I took pics, ill put them up soon.

New Pics:

Comment

Looks great I wonder if it will handle the same or better
      Im not a carburetor guru.

Comment

Thanks Wis!

I am guessing, it's probably going to be hard to lean into turns.
        I dont know the exact reason why lol, but i think its because the bike is now taller in the rear, putting more weight on the front?

Comment

You got that one from me, right? It will actually help increase your turn in rate allowing the bike to fall into teh corners even easier.

I am suprized that you had to file anything though.
          Ron
          MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

yep! thats it!

I had a little clearance issue with the lower portion of the shock. It was rubbing off the linkage for the dogbones.

I filed the shock a little bit to allow it to fit, it's still touching the linkage but that shouldnt be a problem, since the shock with move with the linkage equally...at least i hope.

Comment

I also had to put it in upside down, bc the mounting brackets were reversed on the shock....so the rod of the shock points to the ground instead of the engine, but thats the only way it could go

Comment

On a pre 98?
                It should go in that way...
                Your last one should have been that way..
                The top mount has the "body" of the shock
                with the "eye" mount
                and the bottom has the rod end with the "clevis" mount..

What part did you file? the clevis?
                and you figure is added 1 1/2 inches?

Comment

Well interesting you say that...my old shock, the clevis was at the top and the body of the shock was on the bottom.

by body of the shock, i mean, the part of the shock in which you use a spanner wrench to adjust that ring.

I did file near the clevis, right where the shock starts to spin off the clevis. maybe ill just take a pic for you guys to check out..

It was raised from 31.7" to 33" and at the same time, i put a low pro on it...so if i had the stock 140/80, i could probably expect it to have been 33.5" seat height.

But the low pro looks so damn good!

Comment

So you're saying that your old shock was not like this???

Comment

thats exactly how mine was. but now, inside the shock coil...on a 94 kat, the rod is pointing towards the top mount. on the bandit shock, the rod is pointing towards the lower mount (clevis?)

Comment

thats what i mean when its upside down..

Comment

Originally posted by meanstrk
                          You got that one from me, right? It will actually help increase your, turn in rate, allowing the bike to fall into the corners even easier.

+1
                          Just be careful at first, until you've gotten accustomed to it not wanting to track straight. The difference will be slight but noticeable.
                          "Speed Junkie Since 1975"

Comment

Working...
                          X