X

biker vs rider

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• biker vs rider

I asked my dad this question when we were on a trip to drop some stuff off to my uncle about 45 minutes away what makes a person a biker or a rider and why.
    Originally posted by AbeezieSoNeezie

fact: a yammie is a girls bike
    fact: more that one girl rides yammies therefore yammies = a bunch of girls
    fact: girls lie

therefore, the following equation is true.
    girls = yammah
    yammah = a bunch of liars

What makes a person a biker or rider? .

Well the love of being on 2 wheels and the desire of the open road. Whether its just down to the mini mart or across the country; being on a bike makes the trip fun. Its exciting, its fun, its a unique experience not everyone in this world will ever know. There's a special bond that person has with their motorcycle that you just cant explain to someone who's never rode before.

To quote braadajim awhile back, this sums it up nicely.

When the road is right and my head is clear there is nothing like a buck+ to blow away all the "soul garbage" and give that thrill that makes you realize that life is fragile and all your problems are really meaningless. This is the same feeling I get at 40 on a back road all alone in the deep middle of nowhere. It's not going fast or slow, it's just going and being on 2 wheels.

Comment

[quote="WildKat"]What makes a person a biker or rider? .

Well the love of being on 2 wheels and the desire of the open road. Whether its just down to the mini mart or across the country; being on a bike makes the trip fun. Its exciting, its fun, its a unique experience not everyone in this world will ever know. There's a special bond that person has with their motorcycle that you just cant explain to someone who's never rode before.

this is how I see it too. I have gotten more joy from riding in the past year than anything I've done in a long time. I wish I had discovered the joys of motorcycling years ago. it just makes me feel peaceful and free. im so content when on the bike all my worries go away for a while. it really is a natural high. my wife says Id rather spend my time and money on the bike than with her (she may be right)

Comment

Hmm, a most interesting question.

To me, a rider is just that. Some one who rides just for transportation reasons or to save a buck at the pump.

Now, a "true" biker to me is also an enthusist. By this I mean, some one who truely has the love of motorcycling in thier heart. It is not a brand oriented frame of mind. It is all about the motorcycle, being on the bike, being one with the bike no matter what you have between your knees. It is those long wintery nights with a $100 project you just bought laboring to bring it back to what it once was. Silly as it may sound, I get just as much from time spent in my garage restoring machines of yester-years as I do swinging a leg over one and going for a spin.

Then the ultimate rush is taking that which you have labored on for that first ride. The feeling of that machine breathing life once again. Feeling it beg for more with every twist of the wrist.

A true biker, eats, sleeps, talks, lives, and loves motorcycles no matter what the badge on the side of the tank says...

Comment

I biker has a pot belly and a trashy wife/girlfriend

Comment

Originally posted by Range
            I biker has a pot belly and a trashy wife/girlfriend
            You scare me Range, by saying "I" (as stated in your quote), are you implying that, this is you?

And second, I consider myself, a biker. By the way, I have neither a pot belly nor a trashy wife....

Comment

I wish Breeze.....and badbilly is not trashy....I am working on it!

Comment

A rider is on the machine for the ride. Get where they going, or to make a statement "Hey look at me."

A bike rides for themselves. They do not care what others think of their ride. Although a compliment makes them feel on cloud nine. They ride for the control. The control of their lives that no one else has in their hands. They control where they go, what route they take, and how fast they get there. It is about themselves and no on else.
                One project done, now on to the next few!!
                Explanation to girlfriend," I could be blowing time and money on strippers and booze!!!"

"Ahhh! The bliss of retirement and being broke all at the same time!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Micdalen
                  A rider is on the machine for the ride. Get where they going, or to make a statement "Hey look at me."

A bike rides for themselves. They do not care what others think of their ride. Although a compliment makes them feel on cloud nine. They ride for the control. The control of their lives that no one else has in their hands. They control where they go, what route they take, and how fast they get there. It is about themselves and no on else.
                  An interesting point of view. The egotistical and selfish side.

Both of which I can relate to...

Comment

funny most of the 'bikers' i know are all about attention and the whole 'look at me im a cool biker' attitude. how many harley riders are out there with more chrome and leather than any one could ever need going 10mph below the speed limit to afraid to take a turn without putting their feet down. but proclaim themselfs to be a 'biker'.

to me a biker is all about the image, a rider is someone who just wants to joy of being on the bike.
                    03 katanika

Comment

Originally posted by iwannadie

funny most of the 'bikers' i know are all about attention and the whole 'look at me im a cool biker' attitude. how many harley riders are out there with more chrome and leather than any one could ever need going 10mph below the speed limit to afraid to take a turn without putting their feet down. but proclaim themselfs to be a 'biker'.

to me a biker is all about the image, a rider is someone who just wants to joy of being on the bike.
                      Ahh, the Harley mentality. That is a whole nother conversation. I have 2 Harleys in my garage yet, I don't suffer from that mentality. Then again 1 is all original and the other is a project in waiting. I do however have some crazy friends. A couple of them actually try to keep up with me when I ride a sport bike. One friend of mine in particular replaces his running boards at least twice a year.

As for the Harley mentality, I wont get into that here.As i said, that is a whole nother conversation..

Comment

What makes a biker and what makes a rider?

See for me, I have always thought of a biker as the guy who owns a specific motorcycle for the image or comoroderie that comes with that group of biker. A biker who rides a Harley likes the image and the brand. The biker who rides a Goldwing does it for the image of that type of bike and the open road.

A rider is someone that isn't about image or brand. It's about riding. Getting from point A to whereever, not even B but anywhere the ride will go. It's not about brand it's about being out riding. Twisties, great! Lonely stretches of straigh ways, great! It's about the ride.

Now can a biker be a rider. Most certainly. I have some friends that are only about being a biker, but I think the true love of riding comes when you become a rider.

Just my two cents

Comment

Originally posted by katana_ron
                          What makes a biker and what makes a rider?

See for me, I have always thought of a biker as the guy who owns a specific motorcycle for the image or comoroderie that comes with that group of biker. A biker who rides a Harley likes the image and the brand. The biker who rides a Goldwing does it for the image of that type of bike and the open road.

A rider is someone that isn't about image or brand. It's about riding. Getting from point A to whereever, not even B but anywhere the ride will go. It's not about brand it's about being out riding. Twisties, great! Lonely stretches of straigh ways, great! It's about the ride.

Now can a biker be a rider. Most certainly. I have some friends that are only about being a biker, but I think the true love of riding comes when you become a rider.

Just my two cents
                          i agree, i love riding id ride anything youd give me(even an HD). but in the sense that im a biker because i like the katana and like talking about it here with everyone etc. but id be a rider first biker later.
                          03 katanika

Comment

Here in Harley capital USA.. a Harley rider is a Biker period ..and the rest of us are sport riders, rice burners, ricers, jap ricer, or any one of a number of other adjectives they seem to use on us.

You'll never hear a Harley call anyone on a sport bike a "biker" , in this area. So its all in what you make it.

Comment

And second, I consider myself, a biker. By the way, I have neither a pot belly nor a trashy wife....
                              Yet...you've got the bike...the other 2 come naturaly..haha

Comment

Working...
                              X