X

Laser Alignment

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laser Alignment

I bought a laser sighter off eBay. It is for a riffle barrel. Looks like a cartridge and you load it into the gun to line up your sights. I have other uses for it but. I needed a laser that was stright like this one. My first one needs constant calibration.
    Anyway, I got it home and mic'd it up to find it was out .012" from front to back. So I reworked it in my lathe and now it is pretty good.
    I will be using it for sprocket alignment as well as other uses. With different adapters and such I can use it to check frames, wheel centers on custom wheel conversions, milling machine and much more.

Kat Parts Clearance Selling Everything

Nice I would definitely like one for a sprocket alignment tool.
    My Addiction (94 600 Kat)

Addicted to Modification since... 1995!
    Electrical Tape, Zip-Ties, and Rivets are more like accents then eye sores.

Comment

Looks nice man

Originally posted by Unholy_m View Post
      Nice I would definitely like one for a sprocket alignment tool.

Comment

I have a PROFI laser cat. I'm curious what you paid on ebay for the bore sighter vs. the cost of just buying one made for the job.
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
          I have a PROFI laser cat. I'm curious what you paid on ebay for the bore sighter vs. the cost of just buying one made for the job.
          got the bore sight for 15.00 free shipping. I looked at the purpose made ones but many are limited to "steel" "flat" sprockets. I made this one a couple years ago out of a motion pro base (7.00) and a cheap laser pointer that was given to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Idrivetoys View Post

Sorry but not for $60+. I can do with out it for that. I don't mind using a level for now.

Comment

I like the bore sight cuz I can double duty the thing. Usefull for frame alignment, custom wheel alignment, chain, aligning front rear wheels, center for my lathe and my milling machine chucks.
              Good value for 15.00.
              I looked at a laser alignment sold for a milling machine and he wanted 100.00 for it.

Comment

Good deal on the bore alignment. I really need to look into a lathe.

Comment

Working...
                X