X

Wonder if this is possible for a Kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonder if this is possible for a Kat

I found this on the Autometer site after i was looking for something for my Mini-truck:

They are both 5 inch diameter. They also have a speedo with a 10k limit.
    If something is hard its not worth doing
    1984 Can-Am ASE 250
    1989 Katana Race bike
    2001 Bandikat (bandit with kat swap)
    As the Project build continues

www.azkatriders.com

Well, The one guage has water on it. unless you sub it for oil temp. I don't know how the kat is on wiring. There could be a problem there too.
    sigpic
    Update Jul 11 2014
    Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

Those are actually pretty sweet looking, too bad they don't show you what the mounting hardware looks like so you can get an idea of if you'd be able to put it on the bike or not. I think if I'd seen seen those a few weeks ago, or discovered these http://www.kosonorthamerica.com/ a few weeks ago when i was still trying to decide whether to streetfighter or replace the plastics on my bike i would have ended up going the other way, and have a kick-@$$ new naked bike for the spring. Instead of an imitation street triple though, now i've got second-hand plastics and just started sanding and priming today, oh joy oh bliss.
      "Screaming Eagle" = Harley dealer code for "Easily parts with money, and equates noise with performance."
      -----------------------------------------
      2004 Suzuki GSXF 600
      1982 Yamaha Maxim 750
      1977 Suzuki GS 400

Comment

You would need to make sure that you could match the wiring correctly... My thought is that it would be easier to get something designed for a motorcycle since being weatherproof is something you'll want.
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

According to the website its made to wire into a factory wireset for cars.
          If something is hard its not worth doing
          1984 Can-Am ASE 250
          1989 Katana Race bike
          2001 Bandikat (bandit with kat swap)
          As the Project build continues

www.azkatriders.com

Comment

Personal taste differ, but I think those gauges are way too busy- not glance-and-read, for sure.
            "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Working...
            X